Everyone wants performance but not everyone has a lot of money to spend for said performance so we were asked “What is the best budget SSD for Gaming ?”, and we have tried our hardest to give you a proper answer.
Ever wondered why your system is running slow even after installing the latest CPU? That could be because of your hard drive. Typical hard drives are slow; SSD’s are fast, but SSD’s are pricey too. So after all of this talk, what’s the answer? In this article, we will try to find that out which would be some of the best SSD for the money.
So here is my list of The Best Budget SSDs for Gaming.
Samsung 850 PRO SSD
- The World's First Consumer SSD Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology, Ideal for Hardcore PC Gamers, Heavy PC Users, Business Professional
- Ultimate Sequential Read/Write Performance : Up to 550MB/s and 520MB/s Respectively, and Random Read/Write IOPS Performance : Up to 100K and 90K Respectively
- Performance, Reliability, Energy Efficiency, and Industry-Leading 10-year Limited Warranty
- Included Contents: 2.5” (7mm) SATA III (6GB/s) SSD & User Manual (All Other Cables, Screws, Brackets Not Included).
- Free download of Samsung Data Migration and Magician software available for easy installation and SSD management
- Windows 10/8/7/Vista SP1 and above (32/64 bit), Widows Server 2008 (32/64 bit), Linux Compatible.
After a revival in the mobile industry, Samsung has really come back in the SSD market. The Samsung 850 PRO is the bestselling SSD drive on amazon. It’s optimum for daily computer needs and is compatible with most of the CPUs out there. Samsung 850 PRO comes with the latest Samsung Mgx technology. It has high endurance with 3 bit per 3D NAND. Rapid mode inside Samsung 850 PRO provides great performance. Your data is secured with AES 256 bit technology and Microsoft eDrive encryption. It comes with a 5-year warranty from Samsung. The package does not include cable and screws which come at an extra cost.
With this pricing and the quality that Samsung provides we would rate it the #1 Gaming SSD Drive without a doubt, if you ever want quality for a low price then this is your best choice.
SanDisk SSD PLUS
- Easy upgrade for faster boot-up, shutdown, application load and response (As compared to 5400 RPM SATA 2.5” hard drive. Based on published specifications and internal benchmarking tests using PCMark Vantage scores.)
- Boosts burst write performance, making it ideal for typical PC workloads
- The perfect balance of performance and reliability
- Read/write speeds of up to 530MB/s/440MB/s (Based on internal testing; performance may vary depending upon drive capacity, host device, OS and application.)
- Shock-resistant for proven durability —even if you drop your computer (Shock resistant (up to 1500G) and vibration resistant (5gRMS, 10-2000 HZ/4.9 gRMS, 7-800 HZ), Temperature (from 0 degrees Celcius to 70 degrees Celcius))
- 3-year limited manufacturer warranty
- Order with your Alexa enabled device. Just ask "Alexa, order SanDisk Internal SSD."
- Compatible devices: Desktop
SanDisk SSD PLUS provides the best user experience on this list. It comes with SLC cache (Ncache 2.0) which is termed as the best in the market. However, the Samsung 850’s cache comes close to it. It is great for those who are concerned with saving their battery life. SanDisk SSD PLUS guarantees to enhance your battery life by 33%. It has long endurance for better results. This SanDisk drive provides 500+ Mb per second speed for both reading and writing purposes. It comes with a 10-year warranty from SanDisk.
SanDisk is also a great brand in this market; it’s known for quality although the prices aren’t the best. However fret not because if you buy an SSD of this brand you’ll be fine and impressed with its performance, however, it doesn’t fit the criteria to be chosen the best Gaming SSD Drive.
ADATA SU655 480GB 3D NAND 2.5 inch SSD
- Latest 3D NAND Technology
- Sequential read/write Speed Up to 520/450 MB/s *Vary by SSD capacity
- SATA III 2.5 inch form factor
- Ideal for personal, gaming and business use
- Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/Server 2003, Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX, and Linux
ADATA SU655 is the cheapest option in this list. It comes with advanced LDPC ECC technology. The reading and writing speeds are 560 and 510 Mb per second respectively. It also has SLC caching like SanDisk Extreme Pro. For protection, ADATA has added RAID engine. ADATA SU655 has high TBW (total bytes written) for enhanced longevity of the drive. One more feature is the sleep device function that rests the drive while it’s in a non-function mode. It comes with a three-year warranty from ADATA.
Adata is the least well known & known for low quality when compared with brands like Crucial, Samsung, Sandisk and Intel, however if you don’t have the money then it’s totally fine to buy this SSD, it provides decent speeds and a 3 year warranty incase something goes wrong, however, it’s far from being our top pick.
Intel SSD 545s Series SSD
- Solid State Drive - Internal 512GB
- 3D Triple-Level Cell (TLC)
- Sata 6GB/s 550 Mbps transfer rate
- Low power & space conscious form factors
- Easy upgrade and install
Intel hardware is best known for its performance and credibility. However, for that, you have to pay more. It’s the priciest option in this list. It is power efficient and reduces battery usage by up to 90% in idle mode. The reading speed is 540 Mb per second, and the writing speed is 490 Mb per second. It’s best suited for Intel 4th generation processors. Intel 545s SSD uses 20nm NAND technology.
It’s not the most efficient choice due to the prices, however, we can guarantee that it will be just as good if not better than Samsung’s 850 PRO, it’s a great SSD and definitely one of the best available on market, however since it’s this expensive it can’t be our choice as the most efficient one.
Samsung and Intel are bigger companies than ADATA and SanDisk. However, hardware’s performance also depends on usage. Careless usage can damage any drive, and Efficient usage can make it live for ages. Make sure you choose a larger drive rather than a smaller one; it will serve you for a long time, as long as you buy any of the above SSD’s you’ve made an excellent choice by picking some of the best SSD for the money.
10 More SSD Reviews
- Innovative V-Nand Technology: Powered by Samsung V-Nand Technology, the 860 Evo SSD offers optimized performance for everyday computing as well as rendering large-sized 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications
- Continuity tester/Wire tracer
- Secure encryption: Protect data by selecting security options, including Aes 256-bit hardware-based encryption compliant with Tcg Opal and Ieee 1667
- Warranty and compatibility: 5-year limited warranty; Windows 8/Windows 7/Windows Server 2003 (32 bit and 64 bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), MAC OSX and Linux
- Included contents: 2.5 inches (7 millimeter) SATA 3 (6 GB/S) SSD & user manual (All other cables, screws, brackets not included); Reliability (MTBF): 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- GO BIG, DO MORE: The 870 QVO is Samsung’s latest 2nd generation QLC SSD with up to 8TB of storage capacity
- ENHANCED IN EVERY WAY: With an expanded SATA interface limit of 560/530 MB/s sequential speeds, the 870 QVO improves random access speed and sustained performance
- BOOST CAPACITY: The 870 QVO is available in 1, 2, 4 and 8TB
- RELIABLE AND SUSTAINABLE: The capacity of the 8TB 870 QVO increases reliability up to 2,880 TBW using a refined ECC algorithm for stable performance
- UPGRADE WITH EASE: Upgrading to 870 QVO is now easier than ever for anyone with a desktop PC or laptop that supports a standard 2.5 inch SATA form factor
- SAMSUNG MAGICIAN SOFTWARE: Manage your drive and enhance its performance with tools that keep up with the latest updates and monitor the drive's health and status
- WORLD'S #1 FLASH MEMORY BRAND: All firmware and components, including Samsung's world renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in house, allowing end to end integration for quality you can trust
- Fast start up, loading and file transfers
- More reliable and durable than a hard drive
- Multiple capacities with space for applications or a hard drive replacement
- Sequential read speeds up to 560MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 530MB/seconds; As used for transfer rate or interface, megabyte per second (MB/s) = one million bytes per second and gigabit per second (Gb/s) = one billion bits per second
- An industry leading 1.75M hrs mean time to failure (MTTF) and up to 500 TBs written (TBW) for enhanced reliability; MTTF based on internal testing using Telcordia stress part testing; TBW calculated using Jedec client workload (JESD219)
- WD F.I.T. Lab certification for compatibility with a wide range of computers
- 5 year manufacturer's limited warranty
- Free downloadable software to monitor the status of your drive and clone a drive, or backup your data
- An active power draw up to 25% lower than previous generations of WD Blue SSD
- INNOVATIVE V NAND TECHNOLOGY: Powered by Samsung V NAND Technology, the 970 EVO SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe M.2 2280) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- BREAKTHROUGH READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB/s and 2,500MB/s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 500,000 IOPS Random Read
- PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION AND DATA SECURITY: Seamless cloning and file transfers with Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Samsung’s Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops. Secure Encryption
- 5-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: 5-year limited warranty or 600 TBW (Terabytes Written)
- Superfast read write speeds: SSD with V-NAND offers ultra-fast data transfer speeds of up to 540MB/s (up to 4.9x faster than external HDDs); Ideal for transferring large-sized data including 4K videos, high-resolution photos, games and more
- Compact and portable design: Top to bottom shock resistant metal design fits in the palm of your hand and easily slides in your pocket or purse to take work and entertainment on the go
- Secure encryption: Optional password protection and AES 256-bit hardware encryption keeps your personal and private data more secure
- Seamless connectivity: Includes USB type C to C and USB type C to A cables to connect to PCs, Macs, smartphones and other devices
- Warranty and compatibility: 3-year limited warranty; Requires Windows 7, Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks), Android 4.4 (KitKat), or higher; Older versions of the Windows, Mac and Android operating systems may not be supported
- TRANSFER IN A FLASH: Transfers files nearly 9.5x faster than external hard disk drive (HDD). Reads up to 1,050 MB/s / Writes up to 1,000 MB/s on USB 3.2 gen 2 supported devices*.
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS users to download the latest firmware update via the included Portable SSD Software 1.0 to ensure optimal performance
- Data transfer speed may vary depending on the user’s PC environment and the types of data being transferred. USB 3.2 Gen2 and UASP support are required for maximum transfer speed (1,050MB/s)**
- SAMSUNG RECOMMENDS the usage of the included USB Type-C to C and USB Type-C to A cables. Non-original cables may cause performance degradation due to the varying internal resistance and maximum allowable currency
- BUILT STRONG & SECURE: Shock-resistant and withstands drops from 6ft.
- ADVANCED HEAT CONTROL: DYNAMIC THERMAL GUARD (DTG) TECHNOLOGY protects the T7(T7 Touch) from overheating by automatically slowing down data transfer if necessary. DTG technology enhances product safety and reliability by preventing the T7(T7 Touch) from reaching an excessively high temperature
- PASSWORD SECURITY
- Boost your system's performance with next-gen NVMe SSDs
- Over 4 times faster than our SATA SSDs
- Western Digital designed controller and firmware for optimized performance
- Western Digital SSD dashboard constantly monitors the health of your SSD
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
- Premium upgrades to your PC with SSD from global semiconductor powerhouse
- Top tier speed, best-in-class sequential read speeds. Sequential read speeds up to 560MB/s and sequential write speeds up to 525MB/s.
- Leading edge solution powered by in-house 3D NAND, controller and DRAM
- Superior reliability and stability (MTBF/TBW). 1.5 Million Hours MTBF, best-in-class 600 TBW (terabytes written)
- 5 year warranty and rock solid support from technology pioneer, now available to PC builders and upgraders
- An exclusive WD BLACK SSD dashboard with gaming mode improves game performance.
- Available in capacities ranging from 250GB to 2TB
- Ideal for enthusiasts building custom desktops or gaming rigs
- NVMe drive not compatible with SATA interface
- 5-year manufacturer's limited warranty