We’ve seen this question around a lot, “Can you build me a Cheap Gaming PC Under 300$?”, and so we have decided to make this guide for you guys that don’t have a lot of money to spend.
Computers are becoming faster and more efficient every single year, according to Moore’s law the processor’s power doubles every two years which shows how fast we’re improving with our technology, the best part of such a fast evolution is that the older outdated hardware keeps becoming cheaper and cheaper while still providing a decent performance. Not everyone has 2000$ to spend on a computer and as such we decided we should help everyone who doesn’t have more than 300-350$ to spend on a computer while still being able to run most games at 60fps.
- Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 300$
- EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze Power Supply
Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 300$
Intel BX80662G4400 Pentium Processor G4400
- Boxed Intel Pentium Processor G4400 (3M Cache, 3
- Design that delivers high availability, scalability, and for maximum flexibility and price/performance
- Made in China
- Instruction set is 64 bit. Instruction set extensions are intel sse4.1 and intel sse4.2
The Intel G4400 features a base speed of 3.3Ghz and a socket of LGA 1151, even though it’s an old generation CPU it allows the user to overclock it extremely well and is the reason why we decided to pick this processor, with a proper overclock it can reach over 4Ghz Speeds! This is an excellent option for a cheap gaming desktop under 300$ in our opinion.
MSI Gaming GeForce GT 710 2GB GDRR3 Graphics Card
- Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710; Maximum displays: 2
- Video memory: 2gb ddr3/memory clock: 1600 MHz/memory interface: 64 bit
- 300w system power supply requirement; Interface is pci express 2.0 x16 uses x8
- Connectors: VGA, dvi d dual link, HDMI; form factor: Low profile
- HDMI connectors is maximum resolution 4096 x 2160 at 24 hertz; DVI connectors is maximum resolution 2560 x 1600 at 60 hertz
The GeForce GT 710 2GD3 LP is a great graphics card for someone who wishes to buy a Cheap Gaming PC Under 300 $, it gives you great performance for its price, and you can even overclock it a slight bit if needed, mixing the 710 with the Intel G4400 will give you a decent performance.
EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze Power Supply
- EVGA 500 Watt; Unbeatable value
- 80 plus white Certified, with 80 percentage efficiency or higher under typical loads
- Heavy duty protections, including OVP (Over voltage protection); UVP (Under voltage protection, OCP (Over current protection), OPP (over power protection), and SCP (short circuit protection)
- 3 year warranty
- Compatibility of the EVGA 500 W1, 80+ white 500 W,Power supply 100 W1 0500 KR (100 W1 0500 KR)
This is a very cheap power supply that also provides you great quality, EVGA is a quality brand, and it even is 80+ certified, which means it will actually give you the performance you’re paying for, 500w is perfect for this build, even if you decide to upgrade some parts later on this PSU will still be able to hold on unless you’re going for high-end builds which most likely isn’t the case here.
GIGABYTE B365M DS3H LGA1151 Motherboard
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel Non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
With this motherboard, you can overclock your CPU with ease and without fearing any kinds of problems, GIGABYTE is a great brand, and this motherboard was specially made for overclocking, Also has 4 RAM Entries if you ever want to add more RAM Sticks, this is probably the best motherboard for a Cheap Gaming PC Under 300$.
Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB Kit (2x4GB) 1600MHz DDR3 RAM
- Asymmetric heat spreader for stylish heat dissipation
- Compatible with Intel and AMD platforms
- Easy to install Plug and Play functionality. Compatible with H67, P67, Z68, Z77, Z87 and H61 Intel chipsets, as well as A75, A87, A88, A89, A78 and E35 AMD chipsets
- Automatic Overclocking: Reach faster speeds and higher capacities by just installing the memory, no adjustments in BIOS needed.On Die Termination using ODT pin
- Unique tested with all popular brands of motherboards
- Reliable 100 percent factory tested. In Windows, click on the start button and open "Control Panel".Use classic view for Vista and 7. Then open "System". This will display basic information about the computer including the amount of RAM installed. In MacOS, select "About This Mac" or "About This Computer" from the Apple menu in the upper left corner of your Desktop. This will provide information about your Mac's total memory (built in memory plus DIMMs or SIMMs installed)
- Guaranteed - Lifetime warranty, free technical support
This will give you 8GB RAM 1600Mhz for a very cheap price, this will be more than enough even if you ever wish to upgrade your computer, 8GB is sufficient for every game available on the market, there’s barely any noticeable performance increase when upgrading from 8gb to 16gb so we definitely recommend to invest in these 8GB RAM Sticks, being from Kingston not only gives you good looking RAM’s but also means quality.
Western Digital WD 320GB 7200RPM
- 320GB Capcity, 7200RPM, 8MB Cache
- 3.5-inch, SATA II 3.0 Gbps Internal Desktop Hard Drive
- Best for Desktop PC/Mac or all-in-one PCs, Surveillance CCTV DVR
- 1 Year Warranty from Reseller, Worry free Return! 100% Full Refund
This HDD, although it isn’t very big in terms of capacity it’s still fast at 7200RPM & its from Western Digital which is also a good brand in the HDD market, 320GB is only enough to hold a few games in the computer at the same time so we recommend not to install too many games as it may decrease overall performance. If you wish to upgrade to 500GB or 1TB, it’s a cheap upgrade, by paying an extra 20$ you can easily get a 1TB HDD.
With this build you will be able to run most games well enough, it’s also very cheap and will probably fit within your budget, it also features the 1150 Socket, while it’s not the newest socket it still has plenty of available options if you ever wish to upgrade your CPU without having to buy a new motherboard. It also has 8GB RAM, which is more than enough for most people even while running several games at the same time hope we have given you the answer you were looking for.
I hope this list of the Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 300$ was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Renato Costa, Senior Editor at InnoReviews