For this post, I have put together a collection of the best i3 laptops for gaming currently available.
While laptops that feature the more powerful i5 and i7 processors tend to overshadow Intel’s i3 processors, the latter still packs a lot of punch. In fact, it has enough power that you can use computers with this processor to play some of the latest games on the market. It mostly boils down on the other features that this laptop possesses. Furthermore, i3 laptops are affordable enough for gamers who are working on a budget. We made a rundown on some of the best i3 for gaming laptops. So which is the best one?
Recommend i3 Laptops for Gaming:
1. ASUS VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop
- 15.6 inch Full HD (1920x1080) 4-way NanoEdge bezel display with a stunning 88% screen-to-body ratio
- Compatible with Google Classroom; run Google Classroom on Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11
- Latest 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 CPU (4M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM and 128 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
- Ergonomic backlit keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- Exclusive Ergolift design for an improved typing position
- Comprehensive connections including USB 3.2 Type-C, USB 3.2 Type-A, USB 2.0, and HDMI; Gigabit Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) (USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Windows 10 in S mode exclusively runs apps from the Microsoft Store. To install an app that isn't available in the Microsoft Store, simply switch out of S mode in three easy steps. There's no charge to switch out of S mode
This is one of those laptops that provide strong value for money. Most users highly recommend this product because it provides rock-solid performance at an affordable price. It is powered by the 3.4 GHz processor speed, 8 GB RAM, which means that it is good enough to handle most games out there today. It also has other features that make it a great performer for both gaming and non-gaming applications.
2. Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
This is one of the most fantastic laptops you can get for under $350. It has several great features and capabilities that you can actually use it not just for gaming, but other important functions, as well. Equipped with the 3.5 GHz processor, it has extra features that make it a straight-up beast. It has a dedicated AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics card and features 4GB of RAM, which is higher than just about everything within its price range.
3. HP 15.6″ HD Intel 10th Gen i3-1005G1 Laptop
- 15.6" diagonal HD SVA BrightView micro-edge WLED-backlit, 220 nits, 45% NTSC (1366 x 768)
- 10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 (1.20 GHz - 3.40 GHz) | Intel UHD Graphics
- 4 GB DDR4 SDRAM | 128GB SSD | Windows 10 Home in S mode
- Built-in HD Webcam with Dual Speakers | WiFi 802.11ac and Bluetooth 4.2
- Multi-format media card reader | 1 x USB-C 3.1 | 2 x USB 3.1 | 1 x HDMI | 1 x AC smart pin
This may not be one of the so-called household names for laptops, but this can surely give you a great return for your money. With a price tag below $400, you can get a ton of features that you may expect to see from the higher-tier products on the market. It is equipped with an I3 Core processor complete with Intel’s Intel UHD Graphics technology. It also has extra features such as a 4GB RAM, integrated graphics, a UHD screen, and a long-life battery.
4. Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is upgraded to 1TB Hard Disk Drive for ample storage space. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY, 1-years warranty on Upgraded RAM/SSD from PConline365, and original 1-Year Manufacture warranty on remaining components
- 【Processor】10th Gen Intel Core i3-1005G1 1.20GHz Dual-Core Processor (4MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 3.40GHz), Intel UHD Graphics
- 【Screen】15.6" HD Anti-glare LED-backlit Non-touchscreen (1366 x 768) Display
- 【Ports and Operating System】2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Combination Audio Jack, 1 x RJ-45 Connector, 1 x Multi-format SD Media Card Reader; Wireless-AC + Bluetooth Combo; Windows 10 Home 64-bit
- 【Authorized KKE Bundle】 Bundled with KKE Mousepad, Authorized Sellers ONLY
This is one of the most viable options you have if you are looking for a capable i3 laptop within a limited price range. Priced at just below 500 dollars, this Dell Inspiron 15 model features a 15.6-inch screen, which fully exploits the HD capabilities of the display. It is also compatible with the Windows 10 OS, so those who prefer touch screen functions won’t be disappointed. At the heart of this machine is a 10th generation i3 Core processor.
5. Lenovo – 330S-15-15.6″ HD Laptop
- Operating System: Windows 10 Home in S mode
- System Memory (RAM) 4GB + Solid State Drive Capacity: 128GB
- Processor : 2.2 gigahertz Intel 8th Generation Core i3-8130U
- Screen Size: 15.6 inches 1366 x 768 (HD)
- Intel UHD Graphics 620 I Weighs 4.12 lbs. and measures 0.8" thin
This is the only convertible laptop in this list, and it has more or less earned its spot here. Aside from featuring the latest i3 core processor, it also has other gaudy specs such as a 128GB SSD hard drive and a 4GB RAM. Some gamers may want to look elsewhere if they want higher memory or graphics capabilities, but no one can deny the fact that this laptop is extremely useful for gaming and other purposes.
I hope this list of the best i3 laptops for gaming was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Renato Costa, Senior Editor at InnoReviews