While Spectrum is an excellent internet service provider with superfast internet, their rented-out routers and modems are terrible. If you’re not getting the expected speed and services, their substandard devices are probably to blame. They will limit your package’s advantages.
If you want to get the best out of your internet package, you should purchase the best router for Spectrum instead of using the one Spectrum provides. You’ll notice a considerable boost in your internet speed and face fewer hitches.
That’s because it will indeed offer improved performance as it’s higher in quality.
Besides, you’ll enjoy the perks of owning a device. It will be yours to do whatever you please with it. You won’t have to deal with paying monthly rents anymore!
Another huge change that you will notice is the extended coverage range. You’ll get to pick the one that offers enough capacity to cover your entire area!
Many great routers are compatible with the spectrum. They will virtually eliminate the issues that come with using a low-quality product and allow you to use the internet in peace.
Finding a high-quality spectrum compatible router can prove to be a difficult task if you don’t know much about them. To make it easier, we’ve come up with valuable information and reviews that are sure to help you choose your product.
Spending hours on researching won’t be necessary if you read this article as we’ve already done that for you. So, sit back, relax, and continue reading to find out precisely what will make your internet experience smoother and seamless!
|NETGEAR C6250||Check Price|
|NETGEAR CAX80||Check Price|
|NETGEAR N600||Check Price|
|ARRIS SBG7600AC2||Check Price|
|MOTOROLA MG7550||Check Price|
|Asus AC2600||Check Price|
So here is my list of The 6 Best Router for Spectrum
Here we’ve created a list of the top 6 top routers for Spectrum that come with the most advanced features and offer flawless performance. They’re all super easy to set up and use. So, without wasting any more time, let’s dive right into it!
1. NETGEAR C6250 Router for Spectrum – Best Overall Router for Spectrum
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including certification by Xfinity by Comcast, COX, and Spectrum. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service.
- SAVE MONTHLY RENTAL FEES: Model C6250 replaces your cable modem and WiFi router saving you up to 168 dollars/yr in equipment rental fees.
- SPEEDS BY CARRIER: Spectrum (up to 300Mbps), Xfinity (up to 200Mbps), Cox (up to 150Mbps).
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage and 25 devices connected with AC1600 speed (up to 1600 Mbps).
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB port give you fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices.
The reason we’re starting with the NETGEAR C6250 is because of the impressive features that it comes with. You’ll be surfing the internet, engage in heavy-gaming sessions, or enjoy uninterrupted streaming with ease once you link this one up with Spectrum internet!
Once you bring it home, it will take no longer than 5 minutes to set up. You won’t have to be a tech-wizard as it’s super easy to use for anyone. You’ll find a written instruction manual to make it even easier.
This model can handle up to 300Mbps of speed, so if you’ve got a super-fast internet plan, this one will deliver precisely what you want! Nothing will limit the speed anymore. Thanks to DOCSIS 3.0, you’ll have faster download speed right at your fingers.
With the dual-band feature, you will connect up to 25 devices wirelessly without facing any issue. You won’t have to deal with slowed down performance. The 1600Mbps maximum wireless speed will ensure smooth gaming and streaming experience.
Fueled by powerful range-boosting antennas, the network will spread up to 1,500 square feet, which is impressive. That’s enough for covering an entire floor!
Furthermore, you’ll get an excellent range and incredible speed out of this thing in addition to the capability of handling lots of gadgets at once. In other words, it offers outstanding value compared to the cost, making it the best overall router for Spectrum.
- Designed to be compatible with the major ISPs, including Spectrum
- Supports internet plans up to 300Mbps for fast performance
- Easily handles up to 25 gadgets
- Covers up to 1,500 Sq. Ft. using range-boosting antennas
2. NETGEAR CAX80 Router for Spectrum – Best Flagship Router for Spectrum
- COMPATIBLE WITH MAJOR CABLE INTERNET PROVIDERS: Including Xfinity, Spectrum, Cox, and more. NOT compatible with Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, DSL providers, DirecTV, DISH and any bundled voice service
- BUILT FOR ULTIMATE SPEED: Best for cable provider plans up to 6Gbps
- FAST WIFI 6 PERFORMANCE: Up to 3,000 sq. ft. wireless coverage with dual-band WiFi 6 (AX6000) speed (up to 6Gbps)
- VERSATILE CONNECTIONS: One 2.5 Gigabit Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and one USB 3.0 port give fast wired connections to your computer, printer, game box, storage drive, and other devices
- MODEM TECHNOLOGY: DOCSIS 3.1 and 32x8 channel bonding
The Netgear Nighthawk CAX80 is a flagship quality router that boasts its cutting-edge technologies and features. If you’re looking for an over-the-top device that provides unrivaled performance, this is a great choice. It makes up for the high price by offering superior quality.
Routers like this prove that they can sport unique and appealing appearance without sacrificing quality and performance. The super-sleek design is sure to impress anyone and induce people to ask if it is just a router or something more than that!
This remarkable modem and WiFi router combo comes with DOCSIS 3.1 to support internet plans up to 2Gbps! So, this is the router to go for if you’re using incredibly fast plans. As a result, nothing will stop your HD streaming and high-speed gaming.
With the help of range-boosting amplified antennas, this thing can cover up to 3,000 square feet. So, if you want to have a vast area covered, it will come in handy!
The latest generation WiFi 6 with 5x more capacity allows this unit to stay connected to lots of gadgets simultaneously without having the speed reduced. Even when you’re streaming with eight devices at once, the speed will not wane even the slightest!
- Boasts 6Gbps of maximum wireless speed
- Capable of routing traffic to a considerable number of gadgets
- Designed for handling plans with up to 2Gbps of speed
- Offers an area coverage of 3,000 Sq. Ft. with ease
3. NETGEAR N600 Router for Spectrum – Best Budget Router for Spectrum
- ELIMINATE MONTHLY CABLE MODEM RENTAL FEES Up to $120 per year
- Two in One DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem + WiFi Router with 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports and 1 USB 2.0 port.System Requirements Microsoft Windows 7, 8, Vista, XP, 2000, Mac OS, or other operating systems running a TCP/IP network. Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0, Firefox 2.0, Safari 1.4, or Google Chrome 11.0 browsers or higher
- Up to 340Mbps modem speed and Dual Band N450 (2.4GHz & 5GHz) WiFi speed. 8x4 channel bonding, Denial of Service (DoS) attack prevention
- DOCSIS 3.0 unleashes 8x faster download speeds than DOCSIS 2.0
- Ideal for streaming HD videos, faster downloads, and high speed online gaming
Just because you have a tight budget doesn’t mean you have to settle with an inferior quality router. That’s where products like the NETGEAR N600 routers come into play. It’s a budget-friendly option that offers the same features and quality you’re likely to find in the best modem and router for Spectrum.
With up to 340Mbps and modem speed, this thing will work swiftly with Spectrum internet to offer high-speed browsing, gaming, and HD streaming. The integration of DOCSIS 3.0 will ensure faster and consistent performance.
Thanks to its ability to transfer data on dual frequencies, you can connect and use lots of devices without losing internet speed. Using powerful antennas, this unit is capable of covering a lot of areas as well.
Designed with smart buttons, you’ll know which ones to press to get it going after glancing at it. Setting this one up doesn’t take much time either. Additionally, you’ll get to secure your connection using a strong WPA or WPA2 security system.
At a budget, you’ll have several noteworthy features and top-grade performance. So, feel free to go for it if you don’t want to spend too much on a modem & router combo.
- Transfers data on two frequencies for handling multiple devices
- Comes with up to 340Mbps of modem speed
- Offers better range for extensive coverage
- Equipped with strong WPA/WPA2 wireless security
4. ARRIS SBG7600AC2 Router for Spectrum – Best Arris Router for Spectrum
- A Trusted Name in Home Connectivity: Get high speeds, better coverage, and a two-in-one product! With the ARRIS SURFboard SBG7600AC2 Wi-Fi Cable Modem, you will increase your network capability and get faster streaming and downloading throughout your home. From a trusted brand with over 260 million modems sold and growing.
- Save Money: Own your modem and save. Reduce your cable bill up to $168 dollars per year in cable modem rental fees (Savings vary by cable service provider). Certified for use with most U.S. cable internet service providers. For a complete list see additional details below.
- Modem Technology: DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem with AC2350 Wi-Fi Router that delivers high speed internet to your home devices.
- Simple and Secure Set-up: Just plug-in, download the SURFboard Central App, and follow the step-by-step intrstuctions to activate the modem, set-up and customize your Wi-Fi network, and add devices to your home network! Once setup is complete, the app provides real-time monitoring of the devices on your network, enhanced parental controls like setting time limits and pausing internet and much more.
- Compatibility: The SURFboard SBG7600AC2 is compatible with major U.S. cable internet providers including Cox, Spectrum, Xfinity and others. It's approved for cable internet speed plans up to 800 Mbps. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) website to confirm compatibility.
If you want the quality and performance of Arris, then the Arris SBG7600AC2 can be an excellent choice. It’s a great combination of modem and router that comes integrated with top-notch features.
This thing operates with 32 downstream and about eight upstream channels and handles internet plans up to 600Mbps. So, you can subscribe to a high-speed Spectrum plan and link it up with this one to enjoy lag-free and smooth gaming along with flawless streaming.
Setting this unit up is incredibly easy, as it involves only three simple steps. With the SURFboard manager app, managing the network will be more comfortable and faster. Boasting a compact design, you can place it wherever you want. It won’t waste any of your space.
Once it’s ready to be used, it will spread the network to a vast area. Any device within its range will quickly be connected to the internet. Don’t worry about the internet slowing down as this model works with dual frequencies.
Using the 1-GB Ethernet ports, you’ll get ultra-fast wired speed to your consoles, Smart TVs, Desktops, etc. If you aren’t a fan of complicated operations and enjoy simplicity, then this product is the one to go for.
- A combination of DOCSIS 3.0 modem and 802.11ac WiFi router
- Equipped with four 1-GB Ethernet ports
- Ideal for plans up to 600Mbps
- Fitted with dual-band feature for flawless distribution to multiple devices
5. MOTOROLA MG7550 Router for Spectrum – Best Motorola Router for Spectrum
- 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem plus a built-in AC1900 Dual Band (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) WiFi Gigabit Router with four Gigabit (GigE) Ethernet ports, a firewall DFS, Power Boost, and more. This product is recommended for actual cable Internet service speeds up to 375 Mbps. A Broadcom cable modem chipset provides security from Denial of Service attacks. WiFi performance is exceptionally good, even in multi-dwelling units with lots of WiFi noise from neighbors. DFS and Power Boost are key
- Requires cable Internet service. Approved by and for use with Comcast Xfinity and Xfinity X1, Cox, Charter Spectrum, Time Warner Cable, Suddenlink, WOW., CableOne and other cable service providers. Eliminate cable modem rental fees up to 156 dollars per year. (Savings are shown for Xfinity and vary by cable service provider. No cable modem is compatible with fiber optic, DSL, or satellite services from Verizon, AT&T, CenturyLink, Frontier, and others. Model MG7550 has no phone jack.)
- Built-in high-speed Wi-Fi router with AC1900 Wi-Fi, and Power Boost, and DFS provides Internet access for Wi-Fi devices including smartphones, notebooks, tablets, game stations, HDTVs, Amazon Echo, Google Home, Chromecast, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and AppleTV. Four 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports provide wired connections to Windows and Mac computers, HDTVs, game stations, streaming TV devices, and other Ethernet-capable devices.
- Wireless Power Boost adds high-performance WiFi power amplifiers to boost the wireless signals to the legal limit, giving a significant boost in speed and range. The router can work on WiFi DFS frequencies, unlike most routers, so it is much less vulnerable to WiFi interference from neighbors. In addition, AnyBeam beamforming at both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequencies focuses the signal on wireless clients to further enhance performance and range.
- Integrating the cable modem and router creates a reliable connection that reduces unwieldy wiring and power adapter clutter while conserving desk space. The vertical design minimizes shelf space and improves cooling while looking great in any home or office. A two-year warranty plus rugged lightning and power surge circuits protect your investment.
The Motorola MG7550 is a decent mid-range router/modem combo that will undoubtedly enhance your Spectrum internet speed. Equipped with unique features, this thing is known for its outstanding performance.
Thanks to the vertical design, you can place it anywhere you like without wasting your precious space. It looks sleek and cool, so it’s likely to match your décor. There are no hideous external antennas to taint its appearance, so it might even help to establish a techy environment!
Right off the bat, this model comes equipped with 16×4 DOCSIS 3.0 cable to ensure superfast download and upload speed to wired devices. With its ability to handle up to 375Mbps, this router is made for speedy action!
Aided by the power boost WiFi technology, it provides excellent WiFi speed while covering extended areas. You can depend on this product to connect all your devices to a fast Spectrum internet network! Best of all, it offers equal performance to all the tools simultaneously.
This dual-band gadget will ensure uninterrupted streaming and gaming, even with multiple devices connected. Built with a robust chipset, it can easily thwart DDoS attacks to keep your devices protected.
As it works on DFI frequencies, you won’t have to deal with other radars interfering with your WiFi signal.
- Sports 4 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Handles internet plans up to 375Mbps
- High-speed wireless performance using Power Boost Technology
- Works on DFI frequencies to prevent interference
6. Asus AC2600 Router for Spectrum – Best Motorola Router for Spectrum
- Ditch the monthly cable modem rental fees save upto $120 per year
- Certified by comcast xfinity, spectrum (legacy time warner cable and charter) and cox
- All in one docsis 3.0 32x8 cable modem + ac2600 wifi router (4x4) provides full bandwidth internet access and expansive wireless coverage
- Stay connected with 4x gigabit ethernet and 2x USB 2.0 ports for your non wifi devices like external storage and printers including support for Apple time machine
- Perfect for streaming and gaming in hd, dual bands (2.4ghz / 5ghz) featuring the latest 802.11ac 32x8 channel bonding technology deliver upto 1.3 gbps download speeds; Ac input : 110v to 240v(50 to 60hz); Dc output : 19 v with max; 3.42 a current
Asus is a big name in the world of computers that manufactures devices and gadgets with the most advanced technologies. So, naturally, their modem/router combo is an outstanding device with robust and reliable performance.
This model sports a futuristic design that reminds you of the laser-shooting fighter jets in sci-fi films and video games. So, it will fit right into your gaming decoration with RGB lights spiraling all around!
If you aren’t one to be deceived by the looks, you will be attracted by the robust performance. Under the hood is an intel 1.6Ghz processor that makes it a powerful device. The DOCSIS 3.0 32×8 cable modem delivers incredible speed to wired devices.
With the help of AC2600 WiFi technology, you’ll be soaring with superfast wireless speed. It offers a fantastic 1.3Gbps WiFi download speed! So, this thing will boost your Spectrum internet speed significantly.
Featuring dual bands and sporting multiple Gigabit Ethernet ports along with USB 2.0 ports, it can easily be connected to a huge number of gadgets with ease. Thanks to the MIMO technology, you’ll have improved wireless speed.
For added convenience, it comes pre-configured so you won’t have to set up a new username and password.
- Equipped with 4 Gigabit Ethernet and 2 USB 2.0 ports
- Offers 1.3Gbps of WiFi download speed
- Comes with four external antennas
- Powered by Intel 1.6Ghz processor
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many routers made by various brands all over the world that are perfectly compatible with Spectrum. So, naturally, there are tons of models that you can choose. We’re just going to name a few popular brands that offer unique routers for Spectrum.
Yup, you can feel free to have more than one router in your household connected with spectrum internet to extend the range. However, you’d have to link them together physically using an Ethernet cable.
The best router for spectrum wifi will provide its services to you for at least 3 to 4 years. Depending on how you use and the quality, the router can last even longer. It’s impossible to decide on a specific timeframe.
Definitely! A high-quality router placed in the right spot will surely improve your internet speed.
Things to Consider When Buying a Router for Spectrum
Considering a couple of things will help you purchase the best WiFi router for spectrum modem. If you don’t want to end up with a router that doesn’t bring any significant improvements over the one’s spectrum offer, you must do a little bit of research. Here we’ve got the most important factors that you should check out.
Your Spectrum Internet Package
Before deciding on a router model, find out the speed that comes with the packages you’ve chosen. This can be done by asking your ISP or checking your account details. The speed is commonly represented in megabits per second or Mbps.
Once you know your package speed, you’ll get to choose a router capable of delivering that speed. So, if you’ve got a 100Mbps package, make sure your router can deliver up to 100Mbps of speed. This way, you won’t be wasting money on buying devices that offer more speed than you need.
Number of Connected Devices
One of the advantages of using a router is that it allows you to distribute the internet between multiple devices. Most of the routers will easily handle your laptop, smartphone, and a few streaming gadgets. However, you should understand that the more gadgets you hook up to it, the slower the speed gets.
If you want flawless performance even after connecting many gadgets, you should go for dual-band routers. They are great for browsing, gaming, and streaming. However, if you are a heavy user, consider going for tri-band devices for the best performance.
The coverage range of the router is another critical thing to consider because it determines how far it can deliver the internet. If you want the device to cover an entire large floor, you’d have to opt for one that offers broad coverage. They tend to be more expensive.
However, if you’ve got a small space to cover, you can go for the less expensive ones that don’t cover much ground.
Cybercrime has grown expediently in this modern age, so cybersecurity has become extremely important. You want your router to be fitted with a decent security system so that your information remains safe and secured.
The best router for spectrum internet comes with smart interfaces that allow you to set up passwords to prevent unauthorized access easily. Hackers will find it much harder to breach their security system.
As you can see, buying a high-quality router instead of settling with Spectrum’s internet is an excellent way of boosting your speed. It will ensure you get to enjoy buffer-free HD streaming and lag-free online gaming. You’ll be saving up a lot of money every year as you won’t have to count rent fees.
We’ve tried to provide enough information so that you can quickly get your hands on the best router for Spectrum. If you are still confused, we’d suggest you look at the NETGEAR C6250 as it offers optimized performance without breaking your bank.