This question has been asked around a lot, is it possible to make a good Gaming PC for under 200$? The answer is “yes” however, You can get a decent performing PC for that price. We will show you the best build you could ever get that will perform decently well. However you shouldn’t get your hopes up, but I assure you it will run titles like League of Legends and such, which for such a low-budget PC is not bad at all.
The downside of only having 200$ to invest in a computer is that you won’t be able to buy a dedicated graphics card thus your gaming performance will be very limited to the internal CPU graphic card which isn’t that great but will work for most lightweight games.
Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 200$
What is a good PC Gaming Build for 200$? Well there are some things that you should know before getting started
First of all, the most expensive part of your computer will be the graphics card, so if you don’t have enough money to buy one then it’s better not to buy this build. Second off, while we all know that Intel CPUs perform better than AMD CPUs, they are a lot more expensive. So for this build, we will be using an AMD CPU because it’s cheaper and will still provide us with good gaming performance. Lastly, we need to find a motherboard that is compatible with our CPU, has enough slots for our RAM and graphics card, and preferably has integrated audio and LAN.
Now that we know what we need, let’s start building!
CPU – AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz
- 2 cores and 4 processing threads for smooth and responsive computing
- Advanced AMD Radeon graphics built-in for 720p esports gaming out-of-the-box
- Cutting-edge ‘Zen’ processor architecture has the power you need to harness the power of graphics card upgrades for HD+ 1080p gaming
- The new Athlon 3000G is unlocked for overclocking
- 35W TDP, near-silent cooler included
The AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz is a solid choice for our budget gaming PC build, as it has the perfect speed to run games at an operating system level while still being affordable and compatible with other components in your current setup if you want them upgradeable down the line too!
This particular processor features two cores each running smoothly at 2GHz frequencies allowing us plenty of power when processing tasks simultaneously or working on different applications simultaneously without hiccups – all powered by AM4 socket technology which means that upgrading CPUs won’t require throwing out old Motherboards just yet (though there’s always room).
The real star of the show for this CPU is the Radeon Vega 3 graphics card which gives us access to some great visual computing power that will let us enjoy gaming and other creative activities without the need for a dedicated GPU – meaning that we can save some money on this purchase. All in all, the AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz is a great choice for anyone looking to put together a budget gaming PC with upgrade potential!
MOTHERBOARD – Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX
- Supports AMD Ryzen & 7th generation A series/Athlon processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Ultra-fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
- Realtek Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed internet accelerator software
This motherboard is perfect for our build. It has USB 3.2 and AM4 sockets, so it will work with all AMD Ryzen 3000 series processors! You can only fit two RAM entries in this setup but if you ever want 16GB then buy an additional pair of 8 GB modules or upgrade everything else which I highly recommend doing since they’re cheap nowadays anyway.
This particular motherboard also has an HDMI connection which will be great for connecting to a monitor or TV without the need for a separate graphics card! Lastly, it comes with Realtek Gigabit LAN which will give us fast and reliable internet speeds – perfect for gaming online or streaming movies/videos.
HDD – PNY CS900 120 GB 2.5″ SSD
- Upgrade your laptop or desktop computer and feel the difference with super-fast OS Boot times and application loads
- Exceptional performance offering up to 515MB/s seq. Read and 490MB/s seq. Write speeds
- Superior performance as compared to traditional hard drives (HDD)
- Ultra-low power consumption. Backwards compatible with SATA II 3GB/s
The PNY CS900 120GB 3D NAND 2.5″ SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD allows you to have a few games installed at the same time, which should be sufficient for your 200$ build!
You could also use it for your Operating System and some basic programs if you want to. The sequential read and write speeds are both incredible at 515MB/s and 490MB/s respectively. You’ll see huge load time improvements in games, and your operating system will start up much faster as well.
This particular SSD is also very power efficient, so you won’t have to worry about it draining your battery too quickly. It’s also backward compatible with SATA II 3GB/s, so you won’t have any compatibility issues if you decide to upgrade your motherboard or graphics card down the line. Overall, the PNY CS900 120GB 3D NAND 2.5″ SATA III Internal Solid State Drive SSD is a great choice for your $200 build!
POWER SUPPLY – Thermaltake Smart 430W 80+ Black
- Delivers 430W continuous output at +40℃. Compliance with Intel ATX 12V 2.31 & EPS 12V 2.92 standards
- 80 Plus Certified: 80% efficiency under typical load
- Supports (2) PCI-E 6+2pin Connectors. Active (PFC) Power Factor Correction, MTBF: 100, 000 hours
- Industry Grade Protections: (OPP) Over Power Protection, (OVP) Over Voltage Protection, (SCP) Short Circuit Protection
- 5 year warranty
Thermaltake’s Smart 430W 80+ Black Power Supply is a great addition to your build, especially if you plan on upgrading in the future. This cheap power supply has enough juice for any card that doesn’t require too much graphics processing or else it will be able to support mid-tier GPUs with no problem at all!
The power supply is also very efficient as it is 80 Plus certified. This means that under typical loads, the Smart 430W will be able to maintain efficiency of 80%. It also has an Active Power Factor Correction which helps to reduce electrical waste and improve your system’s overall power efficiency.
Lastly, this power supply comes with a 5-year warranty so you can be sure that it will last you a long time!
RAM – 2X Crucial CT4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Improve your system's responsiveness, run apps faster and multitask with ease
- Install with ease; no computer skills required How-to guides available at Crucial
- Compatibility assurance when using the Crucial System Scanner or Crucial Advisor Tool
- Micron quality and reliability is backed by superior component and module level testing and 42 years of memory expertise
- ECC Type = Non-ECC, Form Factor = UDIMM, Pin Count = 288-pin, PC Speed = PC4-19200, Voltage = 1.2V, Rank and Configuration = 1Rx8
You can get by with just one stick of RAM if you have a small budget, but it’s best to buy two 4GB sticks for maximum performance. If your wallet allows space is not an issue then go ahead and purchase 8 GB instead as opposed to only having 4 since dual channel mode will be able to use all available bandwidth from both channels simultaneously which means better overall system responsiveness in games or programs alike.
The Crucial CT4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 2400 MHz CL17 Desktop Memory is a great choice for your system. This RAM is very fast with a speed of 2400 MHz and has a CAS Latency of 17. It is also 1.2V which means that it will use less power than other sticks on the market.
This particular RAM is also very easy to install as it is compatible with both Intel and AMD systems. It comes with a limited lifetime warranty so you can be sure that it will last you a long time!
Computer Case – DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30
- Larger Area Of Air-Intake Mesh At Front Panel
- Country Of Origin : China
- Bottom Loaded Psu
- 15Mm Clearance For Cable Management
The MATREXX 30 is a larger version of the M-ATX and Mini ITX cases from Deepadcool.
The MATREXX 30 is a larger version of the M-ATX and Mini ITX cases from Deepadcool. The glass panel on this computer case offers you an amazing view into your machine while providing protection for all internal components with its tempered sheet metal walls that are armed frontally by 3mm thick acrylic disk attached to steel hinges giving ample support where it matters most – against impacts or other traumatic events!
This particular case also has a larger area of air-intake mesh at the front panel which helps to keep everything cool inside while still looking great on the outside. The MATREXX 30 also has bottom-loaded PSU support and 15mm clearance for cable management, so you can be sure that your build will look nice and clean!
This Deepcool computer case comes with a 1-year warranty.
With this build, I assure you that you will be able to run most lightweight games and perform well in any non-gaming task, for such a cheap build I consider this to be pretty good and I would honestly consider this the best build you could hope to get with this low budget. I also tried to give you a few tips throughout the article should you plan on investing in it later on so choose carefully what you wish to buy now as some options may be better than others if you intend to upgrade your computer.
So there you have it! Our pick for the best gaming PC under $200. We hope that this build guide has helped you in your own journey to put together a great budget gaming rig! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to leave a comment below!