This question has been asked around a lot, is it possible to make a good Gaming PC under 200$? The answer is “yes” however, You can get a decent performing PC for that price. We will show you the best build you could ever get that will perform decently well. However you shouldn’t get your hopes up, but I assure you it will run titles like League of Legends and such, which for such a low budget PC is not bad at all.
The downside of only having 200$ to invest in a computer is that you won’t be able to buy a dedicated graphics card thus your gaming performance will be very limited to the internal CPU graphic card which isn’t that great but will work for most lightweight games.
Table of Contents
- Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 200$
- Top 5 Best Budget PC under 200
Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 200$
CPU – AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz
- 2 cores and 4 processing threads for smooth and responsive computing
- Advanced AMD Radeon graphics built-in for 720p esports gaming out-of-the-box
- Cutting-edge ‘Zen’ processor architecture has the power you need to harness the power of graphics card upgrades for HD+ 1080p gaming
- The new Athlon 3000G is unlocked for overclocking
- 35W TDP, near-silent cooler included
We have suggested the same CPU before for a 300$ build, so you can be assured that it will perform well enough, it has 3.5Ghz 2 core speed which is pretty decent if you ask me, it’s also pretty cheap leaving plenty of money to use in the other components and it’s also AM4 socket which means that while it’s not the latest socket if you ever wish to upgrade CPU’s you don’t need to buy a new motherboard as you have plenty of powerful CPUs with the AM4 socket, it’s without a doubt our CPU of choice for this build.
MOTHERBOARD – Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX
- Supports AMD Ryzen & 7th generation A series/Athlon processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Ultra-fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
- Realtek Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed internet accelerator software
This motherboard is pretty cheap, allows AM4 Socket & has USB 3.2 as well. It fits your needs perfectly; It only takes 2 RAM Entries however for this build you won’t ever need more than 2, however, if you wish to get 16GB RAM someday you either have to buy 2x 8GB sticks or upgrade everything which is most likely what I’d do.
HDD – PNY CS900 120 GB 2.5″ SSD
- Upgrade your laptop or desktop computer and feel the difference with super-fast OS Boot times and application loads
- Exceptional performance offering up to 515MB/s seq. Read and 490MB/s seq. Write speeds
- Superior performance as compared to traditional hard drives (HDD)
- Ultra-low power consumption. Backwards compatible with SATA II 3GB/s
This is a cheap option with enough speed & size; it allows you to have a few games installed at the same time which should be sufficient for your 200$ build.
POWER SUPPLY – Apevia CAPTAIN520 ATX Power Supply 520 Watts
No products found.
This is a very cheap Power Supply with more than enough power to sustain your build, and if you ever want to upgrade your computer like buying a dedicated graphics card, it will be able to sustain even mid tier cards.
RAM – 2X Crucial CT4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Improve your system's responsiveness, run apps faster and multitask with ease
- Install with ease; no computer skills required How-to guides available at Crucial
- Compatibility assurance when using the Crucial System Scanner or Crucial Advisor Tool
- Micron quality and reliability is backed by superior component and module level testing and 42 years of memory expertise
- ECC Type = Non-ECC, Form Factor = UDIMM, Pin Count = 288-pin, PC Speed = PC4-19200, Voltage = 1.2V, Rank and Configuration = 1Rx8
They are pretty cheap, and you can choose depending on your budget if you only want one stick or if you want 2. However this motherboard only holds 2 RAM entries so you may try to look for one 8GB RAM instead of 2 4GB Entries if you plan to buy another stick later on but I’ll warn you, two 4GB Sticks perform better than a single 8GB Stick due to dual channel.
Computer Case – DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30
- Larger area of air-intake mesh at front panel
- Tempered glass side-panel
- Bottom loaded PSU
- 15mm clearance for cable management
- 1 x USB 3. 0 +1 x USB 2. 0 Ports
With this build, I assure you that you will be able to run most lightweight games and perform well in any non-gaming task, for such a cheap build I consider this to be pretty good and I would honestly consider this the best build you could hope to get with this low budget. I also tried to give you a few tips throughout the article should you plan on investing in it later on so choose carefully what you wish to buy now as some options may be better than others if you intend to upgrade your computer.
I hope this list of the accessories for best gaming PC under 200 was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Renato Costa, Senior Editor at InnoReviews
Top 5 Best Budget PC under 200
- HP Flagship model ideal for home and business use.
- Intel i5 Core Processor at 3.2ghz.
- 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD-RW Optical Drive
- New and Verified Install of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional System
- This CertifiedRefurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer CertifiedRefurbished products on Amazon.com
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
- HP 600G1 Intel I5 Quad-Core 3.2 GHz Processor
- What's Inside: 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD Optical Drive,
- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
- Includes: USB Keyboard and Mouse,
- ROBUST PERFORMANCE - Configured with Intel’s top of the line Core i5 series processor so you can expect lightning fast, reliable and consistent performance for an exceptional PC experience.
- MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 LATEST RELEASE - A brand new installation of the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System, free of bloatware commonly installed from other manufacturers. As Microsoft's latest and best OS to date, Windows 10 will maximize the utility of the PC for years to come.
- MICROSOFT AUTHORIZED REFURBISHED - Microsoft Authorized Refurbishers (MAR) are recognized as the leaders in refurbished computers for every environment. Following strict requirements and standards established by Microsoft, MAR providers ensure superior quality and a like-new professionally refurbished computer. Your computer will come with a legal Certificate of Authenticity (C.O.A.) digitally rendered to the PC for an easy, secure and convenient set-up process.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE, STORAGE, MEMORY & PERIPHERALS – The combination of integrated components power this PC to maximum performance. Intel's i5 processor to power the PC, upgraded DDR3 RAM for multi-tasking and storing files set this computer apart to excel at work, home or school.
- CUSTOM TAILORED FOR A SECURE START - Configured to tackle all the most commonly needed tasks right out of the box - Browse the internet, stream movies & music, complete homework, store photos, and much more. All Renewed computers are backed by a 90 day warranty and 90 day tech support to ensure a smooth, easy and secure introduction.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- HP Compaq Pro 6305 Small Form Factor Desktop PC, AMD A6-5400B up to 3.8GHz, 8G DDR3, 500G HDD, DVD.
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail.
- Ports: Front: USB 2.0(4), Microphone, Headphone; Rear: DisplayPort, VGA, USB 3.0(4), USB 2.0(2), PS/2(2), Line-in/Microphone, Line-out, RJ-45.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit – Multi-language supports English/Spanish/French.