This question has been asked around a lot, is it possible to make a good Gaming PC under 200$? The answer is “yes” however, You can get a decent performing PC for that price. We will show you the best build you could ever get that will perform decently well. However you shouldn’t get your hopes up, but I assure you it will run titles like League of Legends and such, which for such a low budget PC is not bad at all.
The downside of only having 200$ to invest in a computer is that you won’t be able to buy a dedicated graphics card thus your gaming performance will be very limited to the internal CPU graphic card which isn’t that great but will work for most lightweight games.
Recommended Hardware for Cheap Gaming PC Under 200$
CPU – AMD Athlon 3000G 3.5 GHz
- 2 cores and 4 processing threads for smooth and responsive computing
- Advanced AMD Radeon graphics built-in for 720p esports gaming out-of-the-box
- Cutting-edge ‘Zen’ processor architecture has the power you need to harness the power of graphics card upgrades for HD+ 1080p gaming
- The new Athlon 3000G is unlocked for overclocking
- 35W TDP, near-silent cooler included
We have suggested the same CPU before for a 300$ build, so you can be assured that it will perform well enough, it has 3.5Ghz 2 core speed which is pretty decent if you ask me, it’s also pretty cheap leaving plenty of money to use in the other components and it’s also AM4 socket which means that while it’s not the latest socket if you ever wish to upgrade CPU’s you don’t need to buy a new motherboard as you have plenty of powerful CPUs with the AM4 socket, it’s without a doubt our CPU of choice for this build.
MOTHERBOARD – Gigabyte GA-A320M-S2H Micro ATX
- Supports AMD Ryzen & 7th generation A series/Athlon processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Ultra-fast PCIe Gen3 x4 M.2 with PCIe NVMe & SATA mode support
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard
- Realtek Gigabit LAN with cFosSpeed internet accelerator software
This motherboard is pretty cheap, allows AM4 Socket & has USB 3.2 as well. It fits your needs perfectly; It only takes 2 RAM Entries however for this build you won’t ever need more than 2, however, if you wish to get 16GB RAM someday you either have to buy 2x 8GB sticks or upgrade everything which is most likely what I’d do.
HDD – PNY CS900 120 GB 2.5″ SSD
- Upgrade your laptop or desktop computer and feel the difference with super-fast OS Boot times and application loads
- Exceptional performance offering up to 515MB/s seq. Read and 490MB/s seq. Write speeds
- Superior performance as compared to traditional hard drives (HDD)
- Ultra-low power consumption. Backwards compatible with SATA II 3GB/s
This is a cheap option with enough speed & size; it allows you to have a few games installed at the same time which should be sufficient for your 200$ build.
POWER SUPPLY – Apevia CAPTAIN520 ATX Power Supply 520 Watts
This is a very cheap Power Supply with more than enough power to sustain your build, and if you ever want to upgrade your computer like buying a dedicated graphics card, it will be able to sustain even mid tier cards.
RAM – 2X Crucial CT4G4DFS824A 4GB DDR4 2400 MHz
- Improve your system's responsiveness, run apps faster and multitask with ease
- Install with ease; no computer skills required How-to guides available at Crucial
- Compatibility assurance when using the Crucial System Scanner or Crucial Advisor Tool
- Micron quality and reliability is backed by superior component and module level testing and 42 years of memory expertise
- ECC Type = Non-ECC, Form Factor = UDIMM, Pin Count = 288-pin, PC Speed = PC4-19200, Voltage = 1.2V, Rank and Configuration = 1Rx8
They are pretty cheap, and you can choose depending on your budget if you only want one stick or if you want 2. However this motherboard only holds 2 RAM entries so you may try to look for one 8GB RAM instead of 2 4GB Entries if you plan to buy another stick later on but I’ll warn you, two 4GB Sticks perform better than a single 8GB Stick due to dual channel.
Computer Case – DEEPCOOL MATREXX 30
- Larger Area Of Air-Intake Mesh At Front Panel
- Country Of Origin : China
- Bottom Loaded Psu
- 15Mm Clearance For Cable Management
With this build, I assure you that you will be able to run most lightweight games and perform well in any non-gaming task, for such a cheap build I consider this to be pretty good and I would honestly consider this the best build you could hope to get with this low budget. I also tried to give you a few tips throughout the article should you plan on investing in it later on so choose carefully what you wish to buy now as some options may be better than others if you intend to upgrade your computer.
I hope this list of the accessories for best gaming PC under 200 was helpful.
If you think I left out one that is important or have a suggestion for a future article, let me know in the comments below.
Renato Costa, Senior Editor at InnoReviews
Top 5 Best Budget PC under 200
- HP Flagship model ideal for home and business use.
- Intel i5 Core Processor at 3.2ghz.
- 8GB RAM, 1TB Hard Drive, DVD-RW Optical Drive
- New and Verified Install of Microsoft Windows 10 Professional System
- Get reliable performance from the Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core processor
- 8GB DDR3 memory – For multitasking power; supports up to 16GB
- 500GB SATA hard drive has plenty of space to store your digital albums, music library and rich media files
- Enhanced viewing with the integrated Intel HD 2500 graphics
- The front-panel's USB ports make it easy to transfer photos, music, and other files to and from your digital camera and other peripheral devices
- HP 600G1 Intel I5 Quad-Core 3.2 GHz Processor
- What's Inside: 8GB RAM, 500GB Hard Drive, DVD Optical Drive,
- Operating System: Windows 10 Professional
- Includes: USB Keyboard and Mouse,
- POWERFUL PROCESSOR - Configured with top of the line series processor for lightning fast, reliable and consistent performance to ensure an exceptional PC experience.
- SUPERIOR STORAGE AND MEMORY – Customized with 2TB HDD hard drive storage space to store apps, games, photos, music and movies. Loaded with 8GB of RAM to zip through multiple tasks in a hurry without lag.
- BUILT IN CONNECTIVITY - Stay connected to the internet with installed wireless capable technology and integrated network card. Play your favorite music files with stereo sound. Easily connect to large and multiple monitors through the installed onboard video connections.
- WINDOWS 10 LATEST RELEASE - A new installation of the latest Microsoft Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit Operating System software, free of bloatware commonly installed from other manufacturers. As Microsoft's latest and best OS to date, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit will maximize the utility of each PC for years to come. Optional software such as Anti-Virus and Office 365 can also be easily downloaded through the Microsoft Windows App Store.
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE - All Amazon Renewed computers come with a 90-day warranty and technical support to provide customers with unmatched quality and care.
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high-performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com.
- HP Compaq Pro 6305 Small Form Factor Desktop PC, AMD A6-5400B up to 3.8GHz, 8G DDR3, 500G HDD, DVD.
- Includes: USB Keyboard & Mouse, Microsoft office 30 days free trail.
- Ports: Front: USB 2.0(4), Microphone, Headphone; Rear: DisplayPort, VGA, USB 3.0(4), USB 2.0(2), PS/2(2), Line-in/Microphone, Line-out, RJ-45.
- Operating System: Windows 10 64 Bit – Multi-language supports English/Spanish/French.