It’s not difficult to find a good monitor at the higher end of prices, but it might be tough if you’re looking for the best monitor under $300. Why? Because there are only rare brands that offer amazing quality at affordable prices!
The list of features to consider before buying a new monitor is extensive. You want one that has high processing power, quality graphics cards, and durability so it will last you longer through years worth of use!
As you get the best monitor, you will suddenly notice a significant change in your performance. A good monitor can completely turn the game from playing the latest game to creating video content or simply getting through daily reports.
You can easily have a monitor with a decent display, but what about quality and features? The best monitor is the one that offers you amazing graphics, has a better picture display, eye-friendly screen, higher resolution, and all the advanced features.
Now when you know what features you want in your monitor, the next step is to find out the ideal one! We understand that it’s difficult for you to select one, as hundreds of options are available.
This is why we have helped you by reviewing some best monitors under $300, don’t worry; we have compiled this after research for countless hours.
Let’s cover everything that you should know about monitors!
Top 7 Best Monitors Under $300 at a glance:
- TOP PICK: LG Electronics UltraGear
- RUNNER-UP: GIGABYTE M27Q 27
- ALSO CONSIDER: ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM
- BEST ULTRA-WIDE: LG 34WP65G-B
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx
- PREMIUM PICK: MSI Optix MAG27CQ
- BEST WQHD: SAMSUNG LC27G55TQWNXZA
1. LG Electronics UltraGear – TOP PICK
- 27” full HD (1920x1080) IPS display
- 1ms response time and 240Hz refresh rate
- NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible
- HDR 10 Compatible
- 3-Side virtually borderless design
- Adaptive-Sync premium technology will offer you a fast and seamless performance that is unmatched by any other monitor.
- The crosshair feature provides excellent accuracy to game lovers, making it the perfect choice for FPS gamers.
- LG’s UltraGear monitor comes with a black stabilizer that allows you to see all the details in dark scenes, ensuring you never lose sight of your enemy again.
- With a response time and refresh rate that are both ideal, this monitor is sure to provide an immersive gaming experience like no other.
- Completely unique and stylish design gives it a better look than others
LG Electronics UltraGear is our overall best product because of its incredible features. We added this to the top of our list of best monitors under $300 as its users really love the durability and functionality.
LG is renowned for its reliability; there is no going back once you start using its products.
Gamers highly appreciate this product as it offers smooth, fluid movements and allows them to play fast-paced games. With its advanced premium technology and dynamic action sync, you can take your gaming experience to a pro-level.
Even if you are going to jump into a competition, this incredible monitor will save your life. This helps you respond promptly, minimizes the lag, and offers you extraordinary performance. What else can you expect from such a budget-friendly monitor?
This monitor’s display provided you with improved precision and enhanced vision, which is compulsory for gamers. With its 3-side borderless design, you won’t be able to get over the functionality and practicality of the monitor.
2. GIGABYTE M27Q 27 – RUNNER-UP
- 27" 2560x1440 SS IPS Display
- Viewing Angle is 178º (H) / 178º (V)
- 170Hz Refresh Rate, 0.5ms (MPRT) Response Time
- Smooth Gameplay with AMD FreeSync Premium
- Studio Grade VESA Display HDR400 and 92% DCI-P3 (140% sRGB) Color Gamut. Tilt(angle) : minus-5° - plus-20°
- It comes with an ergonomic design that allows you enough height and tilt adjustments
- Have low blue light and is flicker-free; thus, watch-time is not going to give you harm
- Compatibility with wall mount makes it easy to use anywhere
- Black equalizer, aim stabilizer, and user-friendly dashboard are some other advanced features
Many PC lovers crave the 27-inch monitor because of its clear view and convenience to use. But unfortunately, finding a budget-friendly best monitor under 300 is not everyone’s cup of tea. Here we go, we this amazing Gigabyte 27-inch monitor that will surely not disappoint you
Unlike an ordinary monitor, its dashboard reveals all the real information to you. It will tell you everything about clock speed, CPU voltages, temperature, and all other data.
Luckily, this monitor is also a great choice for gaming, as it won’t be blocked with any kind of game.
You can go through with the dark side of the monitor even without suffering from overexposing. Another fantastic feature that this best monitor under $300 offers is an aim stabilizer, which helps provide you with better visual clarity so that you can track the bullet and target it perfectly.
Adjust the monitor settings in a way you want to, thanks to the flexibility offered by the monitor. All the tactical features in it make it a great choice for every kind of user.
3. ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM – Also Consider
- 24.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Fast IPS gaming monitor with ultrafast 280Hz refresh rate (supports 144Hz) designed for professional gamers and immersive gameplay
- Aspect Ratio is 16:9; Viewing Angle (CR≧10, H/V) is 178°/ 178°; Brightness (Typ) is 400cd/㎡
- Fast IPS technology enables a 1ms response time (GTG) for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates.
- ASUS Extreme Low Motion Blur Sync (ELMB SYNC) technology enables ELMB together with G-SYNC Compatible, eliminating ghosting and tearing for sharp gaming visuals with high frame rates
- Certified as G-SYNC Compatible, delivering a seamless, tear-free gaming experience by enabling VRR (variable refresh rate) by default
- Flicker-free technology in it will reduce eyestrain problems and allows long gaming sessions
- Comes with High dynamic range technology; thus, you will get excellent color performance and contrast
- Offers a fast refresh rate and less response time so that you will get superior images
- Comes with multiple HDR modes; you can choose the one that you prefer the most
- Provides you extremely rich connectivity options
Want something smaller than 27-inch but with the same premium features? If so, then this ASUS TUF Gaming monitor is all that you need! It is considered one of the best gaming monitors under 300, because of its incredible features.
Its ultra-fast refresh rate and unique IPS technology are specially designed for professional gamers. Its high frame rates offer you sharp gaming visuals that you must be looking for.
Compared to conventional monitors, it offers almost twice the fast refresh rate; thus, you should be getting an exceptional performance.
You won’t have to deal with motion blur and smearing, as it will be completely eliminated. With its wide viewing angle, you will suffer from minimum distortion of colors.
Even if you are viewing from a far extreme position, the color shift will be minimum. This gaming monitor under $300 offers you adaptive sync and low-motion-blur technology simultaneously, thus eliminating the tearing and ghosting completely.
Moreover, the HDR technology will offer you more good contrast and a wide color range than traditional monitors. Get this best gaming monitor under 300 and enjoy a wholly new gaming experience!
4. LG 34WP65G-B – Best Ultra-wide
- 34” ultrawide fhd (2560 x 1080) ips display
- srgb 99% color gamut with vesa displayhdr 400
- usb type-c connectivity
- amd freesync with 1ms motion blur reduction and Refresh Rate 75Hz
- 3-side virtually borderless display with tilt/height adjustable stand
- Ultrawide screen allows you to do more than one task at a time, thus improves productivity
- The display comes with a height-adjustable stand, making it very convenient to use
- Motion blur reduction and Freesync technology make it perfect for all purposes.
- Colors and brightness are extremely accurate and sharp
Some people love to work or watch the ultrawide monitor; this offers them excellent experience and helps increase their productivity but having such an efficient monitor under 300 is not very easy. This full HD display wide monitor provides users with accurate colors, clarity, contrast, perfect image quality, and detail at wide angles.
From content creation to video editing to designing, this curved screen monitor is perfect for every task. Its display tech helps in elevating elements, movements, characters, and amazing colors. You can’t get over the borderless display of this ultrawide monitor.
It delivers you excellent performance and ensures to bring your productivity levels. Using this monitor, you can do multitask in a better way, and it will positively impact your workflow.
The extra space for windows allows you to do two tasks at the same time. Surprisingly, the brightness of this monitor is extraordinary.
It comes with accurate colors, and this color precision is really helpful in editing photos and videos. In addition, you can also use this for non-editing purposes like dealing with other Microsoft applications and others.
5. Acer Nitro XV272U Pbmiiprzx – Best Bang for The Buck
- 27" WQHD (2560 x 1440) widescreen IPS zero frame monitor with AMD Radeon freesync technology
- Aspect Ratio is 16:9; Viewing Angle is 178º (H) / 178º (V); Brightness is 400cd/㎡
- Response time: 1ms VRB and refresh rate: 144Hzz.Colour Supported:1.07 Billion
- 2 speakers, 2 watts per speaker
- Displays 400, DCI-P3 and low Delta e<2
- Zero frame monitor with advanced technology makes it both stylish and highly practical
- Color accuracy is extraordinary so that you can use this for any purpose
- Highly efficient built-in speakers deliver the best quality sound
- Comes with multiple gaming modes; you can switch the one that you love the most
If you are looking for a model that supports both gaming and non-gaming modes, this monitor is good. This best monitor under 300 comes with ideal accurate colors and projects what you actually want.
All film editors, designers, and photographers will love using this incredible monitor. The depths of color accuracy this laptop has are unmatchable.
Its color standards match the ones used in the film industry. You can play racing and sports and whatever you want to. Set the mode and customize all the apps; you can run the app in your preferred mode.
The stylish and sturdy base of this monitor makes it durable and long-lasting. Constructed with aluminum, it has ergo adjustments; however, it does not offer height adjustments.
In addition, it comes with both basic HDR 400 and FreeSync, so you should expect high performance with this device.
6. MSI Optix MAG27CQ – Premium Pick
- Curved gaming Display (1800R) – the best gameplay immersion
- 144hz refresh rate;178° wide view angle
- 1ms response time helps eliminate screen tearing and choppy frame rates
- Frameless design – ultimate gameplay experience
- Adaptive sync – prevent screen tearing
- Wide viewing angle offers you the best gaming experience
- High resolution and VA panel with good response time makes it a better choice
- Adaptive sync technology ensures ultra-smooth gameplay and convenience
- Outperforms both TN and IPS; thus, you will get excellent quality picture
While buying a new monitor, there are so many things that you should consider, most importantly being the graphics. Now you don’t have to wait for Black Friday to get an affordable monitor with the best quality.
This MSI Optix MAG27CQ is one of the best gaming monitors, it brings you high resolution, peak brightness, accurate refresh rate, and response time. With its minimum response time, you don’t have to face screen tearing and choppy frames. Its Optix beets its opponents completely and offers you ultra-smooth gameplay.
The built-in latest technologies in it make this gaming monitor perfect for every competitive play.
Furthermore, the adaptive sync and frameless design in it will give you the ultimate gameplay experience. You will get amazing picture quality at your desired viewing angle; what else do you need in such a price range!
The curved gaming display will offer you the best platform for gameplay immersion.
7. SAMSUNG LC27G55TQWNXZA – Best WQHD
- UNMATCHED IMMERSION: Get your head in the game with Odyssey’s 1000R panel, which matches the curvature of the human eye for maximum immersion and minimal eye strain
- STUNNING WQHD: Your gaming world, now astoundingly lifelike. Packing in 1.7 times the pixel density of Full HD, WQHD resolution boasts incredibly detailed, pin-sharp images. Experience a fuller view with more space to take in all the action
- EXPRESS 144Hz REFRESH RATE: More than double your potential frame production, with the Odyssey G5. With a 144hz super smooth refresh rate, you’ll never want to go back to a traditional screen
- LIGHTNING FAST 1ms RESPONSE TIMES: A fraction of a second can be the difference between your destruction, or your enemy’s. With Odyssey’s grey to grey 1ms response time, you can be sure that you’re receiving information as fast as technologically possible
- AMD FREESYNC PREMIUM: Effortlessly smooth gameplay. AMD FreeSync Premium features adaptive sync technology which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency. Low framerate compensation ensures every scene flows seamlessly
- Comes with a 1000R panel that reduces eye strain and makes it comfortable to use
- Less response time and fast lightning makes it super fast and up to date
- High pixel density and good resolution provides you a fuller view of the images
- Adaptive sync and Freesync premium will reduce input latency and stutter
Your eyes will thank you for blessing it with such an amazing monitor. Luckily, the panel of this monitor matches with human eye curvature and ensures maximum immersion while minimum eye strain.
The excellent pixel density, excellent resolution, and pin-sharp images are some of the prominent features of this monitor. Once you get this monitor, you will never want to have a traditional screen. The smooth refresh rate will enhance your potential frame production.
With the minimum response time, you will receive information in a moment of breeze. All the advanced technology installed in it will deliver you smooth gameplay.
FreeSync technology installed in it will reduce input latency and any chances of screen tearing. The low framerate in this monitor will ensure to pass every scene smoothly and seamlessly. By using it, you can experience a full view with more space; thus, taking all the actions becomes easy.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Monitor Under $300
You should definitely not choose a monitor randomly. While selecting the best monitor, you need to consider some important factors. What are they? Let’s discuss!
The first thing you should decide is the purpose of buying the monitor. You should know whether you want it for gaming, personal use, or professional use. For general use, you don’t need a monitor with advanced features; even a normal monitor can work well.
However, you should choose to keep the color accuracy at priority for professional use, while for gaming use, low response time and fast refresh rate should be your priority.
Different monitors have different types of panels, and all of them have their own advantages and limitations.
If you want a monitor for gaming purposes, then the TN panel would be good enough for you. This type of panel offers you fast pixel response time and excellent responsiveness.
A TN panel with more than a 24-inch screen is not a suitable option, leading to poor viewing angles. The only limitation this panel has is that it is not perfect in color uniformity and color accuracy.
Another panel that you may experience in some monitors is the IPS panel. The IPS monitor offers you the fastest panel offers you extraordinary color performance, fast response time, and a wide viewing angle. However, this type of panel does not work well in dark scenes.
Now, if you are the one who loves to work in dark backgrounds, then VA panels are the right option for you. Although not best for gamers, you can still use these monitors for daily purposes.
As you think about the monitor, the first thing that comes to your mind is the screen. You must be thinking about what should be the ideal size of the screen. Well, it all depends on your choice.
Usually, ultrawide monitors are good at grasping your attention, but they don’t work the same for all people. Ultrawide screen is best for watching movies as its format is ideal for this.
If you plan to have a monitor for playing video games, choose the one that supports the 21:9 format screen; otherwise, you may have an issue with the borders. However, widescreen monitors are suitable for surfing, everyday activities, and multitasking; this is because horizontal space helps you in this.
When you think about buying the best monitor under 300, you might think it will lack resolution. You need to consider this again, as there are many monitors with good resolution within this budget. Usually, monitors that lie within this price range have Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080).
Full-screen resolution works better with the 19 to 27-inch screen range, as pixels are not that much distributed, so it works ideally. At such a resolution, you should expect high quality, sharped image. Moreover, if you want to have a monitor with a 32-inch display, get the one with 4K or QHD (Quad HD) screen resolution.
Refresh Rate & Response Time
Another factor to consider is the refresh rate and response time of the monitor. These two points are the essential factors for games and display images.
Usually, monitors within this range come with a 5ms response time and 60Hz refresh rate. You can also consider the monitor good enough if it has a better response rate of 144hz response time.
Within this response time and refresh rate, you can proceed with all your daily routine tasks and gaming. Even some monitors have a higher refresh rate; the choice is yours!
Monitors usually have IPS (In-Plane Switching) or TN technology. IPS technology will provide you with more vibrant colors and enhanced viewing angles as compared to TN. IPS displays do not fade away, while TN panels may get dull when viewed from sides.
Curved or Flat Screen
The Curved and flat screens both have their own advantages and effects. Curved monitors completely change your visual perception and make images look multi-dimensional; thus, you will notice an increased level of immersion in them.
These monitors also reduce image distortion and reduce eye strain that may develop from the continuous use of screens.
On the other hand, flat screens also have their own advantages. These monitors can be easily mounted to the wall as compared to curved monitors.
Out of 24-inch/1080p and 27-inch/1440p, the latter one is considered better because of the wider field the large screen and high resolution will provide. You can use this for both personal and professional use. However, 24-inch/1080p is also not a bad option, and it is indeed a good compromise.
Yes, IPS panels are considered a viable option for editing because of their high-quality color reproduction. Even IPS are preferred over TN panel for editing due to its high performance in this.
The right way to measure monitor size is to take the size from one edge to the other diagonally, and it is usually measured in inches. Typically monitors are from 19 inches to 34 inches, while the most common is 22-24 inches. However, the selection of size depends on your requirement.
FreeSync monitors are cheaper than G-sync, however, they both have separate functionalities. The former works best in combination with an AMD GPU, while the latter works best with Nvidia GPUs.
Yes, sure. You should definitely choose an HDR monitor, as it will provide you with many benefits. This High Dynamic Range monitor features several games and apps and offers you greater contrast with vibrant colors.
Well, it depends on your purpose of using the monitor. If you are planning to buy the monitor for watching movies and games then widescreen format at 16:9 aspect ratio would be good enough. There are lots and lots of variations and the selection of one depends on your personal preferences.
You can also choose ultra-wide aspect ratios like 21:9, 32:9, and others. Or, you can encompass yourself with some stylish, curved monitor.
All the monitors that we have shared with you have amazing features. A monitor can either make your work or gaming session more interesting or even more boring, so you need to choose it carefully. Out of all our top picks, choose the one that meets your requirements. Don’t forget to tell us in the comments about your choice.
How We Chose the Best Monitors Under $300
Once you plan to buy a monitor for yourself, you need to be very careful. Usually, not everyone has enough time to do a deep analysis of all brands. But before investing in a daily use item, it is necessary to be a bit conscious because you will surely not buy it every next day.
We understand buyers’ needs, so we have decided to bring this amazing review article. This review is not just a random collection of information; we have written this after our fundamental research.
After studying the features of hundreds of products, we have brought the 7 best ones on the board. By the end of this article, you would be able to know about our recommendations, their features, pros, and cons, and also about buying guide for monitors.