Did you know that choosing the right motherboards can be crucial for the quality of your gaming experience? Plus, excellent motherboards can also run your favorite heavyweight programs and several browser tabs simultaneously.
Whether you want to replace a damaged motherboard or need a new one, the options are many. Plus, these units often have many different features to support the demanding nature of most games today.
We look at the best motherboards for Ryzen 9 5900x and various other useful details you should consider. Most of them come with heat control features, powerful processors, premium material construction, thermal systems, and more. However, you may still have to invest in parts such as RAMs and fans to help make these systems complete.
So here is my list of The Best Motherboards for Ryzen 9 5900X
|Best Overall Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI||Check Price|
|Best High-End Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master||Check Price|
|Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK||Check Price|
|Best Enthusiast Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero||Check Price|
|Best Entry X570 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best Micro ATX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||ASRock B450M PRO4 Motherboard||Check Price|
|Best mini-ITX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X||GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX||Check Price|
ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI Motherboard
Best Overall Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4.0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 12 plus 2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM, active chipset heatsink, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI Q-Fan Control utility
- High-performance Gaming Networking: WiFi 6 (802.11ax), 2.5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.1 (4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD)— PCIe 4.0 x4 connectivity, front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-c connector, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C & Type-A ports
Discover the excellence of the ASUS TUG Gaming X570 Pro Wi-Fi. It comes with a powerful 3rd Generation AMD Ryzen CPU, which guarantees blazing fast processing speeds. Plus, the motherboard has a robust power design, so you have a unit that delivers reliable power for high-performance AMD CPUs.
Thermal control is essential when using such motherboards, especially since you often have to game for several hours. Thus, the ASUS X570-PRO motherboard has a robust power design. These include excellent alloy chokes and durable capacitors for reliable power. The alloy chokes are unique because they help regulate the flow of air through the motherboard. Plus, the durable capacitors can withstand exposure to the excess heat that occurs during intense gaming sessions.
Durability is also an essential aspect of this ASUS TUF Gaming motherboard. This motherboard offers longevity and durability against heat since it is made using high-quality components. Plus, it’s also easy to set up on your Ryzen 9 5900X motherboards.
For connectivity, the ASUS TUF has you covered with high-performance gaming networking components. Sound is also part of the experience when you have this motherboard, and you will like the DTS Sound Unbound system. The system helps make your gaming experience immersive. The ASUS brand has also gone further by including noise-canceling technology.
You can also expect this motherboard to automatically update the crucial drivers and software required to maintain performance. These updates are vital for security, graphics, and hardware performance.
GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master Motherboard
Best High-End Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen/ 2nd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics processors
- Dual channel ECC/ non-ECC unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Direct 14 phases Infineon digital VRM solution with 50A power stage
- Advanced thermal design - Fins-array heatsink & direct touch heat pipe
- Triple ultra-fast NVMe PCIe 4.0/3.0 x4 M.2 with triple thermal guards
Enjoy next-generation gaming performance when you have the GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master motherboards. It comes with a dual-channel DDR4 ram, which is capable of handling your heavyweight programs. It also comes with the direct 14 phases Infineon digital Voltage Regulation System, optimal power delivery to the GPU, CPU, and more.
Thermal functions are at the top of the list for this gaming motherboard. To be specific, these include a fins array heat sink and a direct touch heat pipe. The heat sink contains a liquid coolant for regulating temperature, and the heat pipe offers heat dissipation functions.
So, you can game for an entire day and run other programs without causing any compromise on performance. The heat won’t get to your peripherals, and the motherboard also offers support for fans.
The makers of this unit have included AMD 3RD Gen Ryzen Graphics processors. These provide ultra-crisp image and video quality. Thanks to the ultra-fast NVMe PCIe slots make it easy for you to connect a host of different components. These include SSDs, Wi-Fi cards, RAID cards, and more.
The connectivity options that are available with this unit are exceptional. The motherboards have excellent connectivity features, which are supported by the Intel Wi-Fi 6 802.11Ax antenna. You are sure of high-quality connectivity each time, and it’s also durable.
MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK Motherboard
Best Budget Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- Support for 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and future AMD Ryzen processors with BIOS update
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB (4866 MHz)
- On-board dual LAN: 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN
- Mystic Light: RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers – 16.8 million colors / 29 effects
- Audio Boost rewards your ears with studio grade sound quality for immersive gaming experiences
MSI is an industry leader in the tech industry, and quality is what you can expect when you have the MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk motherboard. It has all the features you would need to enjoy heavyweight games for several hours.
For starters, the motherboard features powerful 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to provide smooth gaming performance. It also has an extended heat sink and unique core boost that help ensure your device never overheats.
Plus, gamers should be pleased with the diverse USB connectivity options that this unit provides. A good example would be the 2X2 Type, PCIe, and USB 3.2, which offer compatibility with different devices.
The video experiences this unit can deliver are exceptional, thanks to the RGB LED lighting and extendable pin headers. These components can produce over 16.8 million colors, which is outstanding for a device in this class.
High-quality audio is also a guarantee with this unit, thanks to the Audio Boost system. The system delivers studio-grade sound quality to help boost the quality of your gaming experience. Since you are likely to be gaming or working on heavyweight tasks for long hours, this unit has a premium thermal solution. These include an aluminum cover and a unique thermal pad, which offers excellent heat control.
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard
Best Enthusiast Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd, 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors
- Comprehensive thermal design: Passive chipset heatsink, M.2 aluminum heatsinks and ROG Water Cooling Zone.
- Robust power delivery: Designed power solution 14+2 TI power stages rated for 90A, ProCool II power connectors, microfine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- High-performance connectivity: On-board Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support, 2.5 Gbps Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, ASUS SafeSlot, BIOS flashback and premium components for maximum endurance.
Are you searching for the perfect way to improve your gaming experience? Take a look at the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero, which offers a unique combination of hardware features. For instance, the powerful 3RD Gen AMD Ryzen processor is robust and reliable for heavyweight applications.
You can be sure the ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Dark Hero will work through several hours without heat control functions. Thanks to the unique overheating protection functions, the ASUS VII Dark Hero ensures longevity.
Power delivery is a crucial aspect of any good motherboard because of the millions of operations it has to each minute. Thus, this unit offers robust power delivery thanks to the “14+2” power stages and the ProCool II connectors.
For high-performance connectivity functions, this unit comes with onboard Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) with MU-MIMO support. Thus, connecting to the internet and downloading game updates or more becomes a breeze.
The user-friendly design of this motherboard extends to various features and functions. These include the Pre-mounted I/O shield for the safety of any accessories you add to the motherboard. Plus, the motherboard features premium components for optimal endurance.
Sound is crucial in the quality of gaming or entertainment experience, and the VII Dark Hero seems to guarantee this. It’s the ROG SUpremeFX S1220 sound system that delivers exceptional sound quality to your entertainment regimen. The system drivers will update automatically to make things convenient.
Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard
Best Entry X570 Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Industry-leading cooling options: comprehensive controls for fans and AIO pump, via fan Xpert 4 or the acclaimed UEFI
- Asus Optic-MEM: careful routing of traces and vias to preserve signal integrity for improved Memory overclocking
- Next-gen connectivity: supreme flexibility With PCIe Gen 4 support, Dual M. 2 support, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 ports
- Aura Sync RGB header: synchronize RGB header with a vast portfolio of compatible PC gear, including next-gen addressable RGB strips
Meet the ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard has various unique functions to support your modern gaming needs. For instance, it has exceptional AMD AM4 and 3rd Generation AMD for high-end performance. Whether you want to open several browsers simultaneously or run heavyweight applications, you can count this robust process.
Furthermore, you will be pleased with the industry-leading cooling options that the X570-P motherboard can provide. These are comprehensive controls for fans, and the AIO pump delivers hours of reliable performance.
The hardware support functions that this unit also provides are exceptionally unique. For instance, it comes with a slot for DDR4 RAM, with a capacity limit of up to 32GB. So, you can combine these hardware features, along with the powerful GPU, to make your gaming immersive.
The Aura Sync RGB header lets you connect fans and more to provide even more heat solutions. Remember to evaluate the material construction of your chosen motherboard before settling. Thus, it’s what you can expect with this unit that features premium materials for longevity.
Connecting any accessories, you need to extend the functionality of the motherboard is a breeze. The main reason for this would be the high-performance PCIe slots, which come with a safety shield for added safety.
ASRock B450M PRO4 Motherboard
Best Micro ATX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- Socket AM4 Digi Power design 9 Power Phase design Supports 105W Water Cooling (Pinnacle Ridge) Supports 95W Water Cooling (Summit Ridge) Supports 65W Water Cooling (Raven Ridge)
- Country of origin : China
- Memory 4x DDR4-3200+(OC)/2933/2667/2400/2133 DIMM Slots Dual Channel ECC Non-ECC Unbuffered Max Capacity of 64GB (AMD Ryzen series CPUs (Pinnacle Ridge))
- Slots 2x PCI-Express 3 0 x16 Slots (one runs at x8) 2x PCI-Express 2 0 x16 Slots (two run at x4) 1x PCI-Express 2 0 x1 Slot
Spend your leisure time gaming like you deserve when you have the ASRock B450 PRO4 Motherboard. This unit is a sure-fire way to boost your gaming regiment with its various unique hardware features.
The first notable aspect of this unit is that it can withstand overheating issues. It’s all thanks to the high-performance heat control features from the makers. To be specific, The B450 comes with excellent water-cooling functions, which make it exceptionally reliable for running your heavyweight applications. These include games, software, web browsing applications, and more.
Powering through your heavy tasks like a peregrine bird in flight, you are sure of a smooth user experience each time. Arguably, the AMD Promontory B450 chipset offers blazing fast speeds regardless of the number of applications you want to run. The DIMM Slots provide support for up to 32GB of ram. The motherboard also includes support for various peripherals, including Hot Plug, RAID, and SATA3.
Like all the high-end motherboards you will find on this list, the B450 features premium material construction. Thus, you are sure of a durable motherboard for years and one that can withstand high-impact falls.
GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX Motherboard
Best mini-ITX Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X
- Supports 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 2 DIMMs
- Direct 8 Phases Digital Power with 90A Smart Power Stage
- Advanced Thermal Design with Extended & Multi-Layered Heatsink and Thermal Baseplate
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
The GIGABYTE B5501 AORUS PRO AX motherboard can boost your everyday gaming experience. The motherboard has the right features to support hours of immersive gaming without any compromise on performance. With the B5501, you have a convenient way to boost your PC performance without having to spend on a new computer.
For instance, the motherboard comes with 3rd generation AMD Ryzen Processors that power through your games at fantastic speed. The powerful processor gets its support from the inclusion of the DDR4 RAM slot. The motherboard can support RAM sizes of up to 32GB without any compromise on PC performance.
As you would expect with any high-performance motherboard, the B5501 motherboard comes with excellent thermal functions. These include the multi-layered heat sink and a unique thermal baseplate. These components work in combination to ensure you can enjoy your favorite games for hours.
Also, connecting your favorite RAID, Wi-Fi cards, and USBs is a simple process. It’s all thanks to the ultra-durable PCIe 4.0 Ready. Remember that a good motherboard has to be well equipped to handle future updates or improvements. Thus, this motherboard comes with all the next-generation storage, network, and WIFI features to keep you updated.
Choosing the Best motherboard for AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Consider a few key features before you settle on a particular motherboard. The presence of these features indicates that you have a reliable motherboard for hours of gaming. These features include:
- RAM and processors – these are primary components in any good motherboard. Anything above that supports the 8GB RAM mark, and a 3rd generation processor should suffice.
- Heat management – gaming places a considerable demand on the hardware in your motherboard. Thus, ensure you choose a motherboard with quality heat management functions.
- Quality of wireless functions – you need Wi-Fi functions to get updates and connect with other gamers. It’s what you can expect with any good motherboard.
- Sound quality – the quality of sound cards and drivers crucial, as it helps make your gaming immersive. Be on the lookout for any unique sound systems such as Dolby Surround or Realtek Audio Cards.
Frequently Asked Questions
The ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI would have to be the best answer. It has a powerful 3rd generation processor and PCIe slots for connection accessories. Plus, the motherboard is made using premium components, which ensure longevity. Gaming for hours is also a guarantee, thanks to the thermal control functions.
While a 4GB Ram would work with this motherboard, the best recommendation for you is to go for anything higher than 8GB RAM. It’s the current standard in the gaming industry and for running heavyweight applications such as specialized software.
You have two options in this category. These are the Sapphire Radeon RX 6900 XT, which comes with an exceptional 128 MB infinity cache and 16GB GDDR6 AMD RDNA. The other useful option would be the Best NVIDIA for 4K: ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3090 OC. It has 3rd Generation Tensor Cores, dual ball fan bearings, axial tech fan design, and more.
The motherboard is an excellent addition to your Ryzen motherboard. It features the Socket AM4 Digi Power Design Phase 9 system. Plus, the motherboard features a 3rd generation AMD processor and support for DDR4 ram. The system also updates automatically, so your device stays compatible with new software and security features.
You might be looking to replace a damaged motherboard or a more advanced version to keep up with advancements in the gaming industry. Whatever your reason, choosing the best Motherboard for Ryzen 9 5900X, especially those from a reputable brand, is crucial. You get a powerful device and can let you enjoy hours of gaming without compromising performance. While the topic in this list would have to be the ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI, the remaining component are equally exceptional.
Best Overall: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI – It is the best overall in this category for these motherboards. It comes with a powerful 3rd Generation AM4 Socket that is blazing fast. Also, the optimized thermal system is efficient, and the network connectivity functions reliably.
Best High-End: GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master – The GIGABYTE X750 comes with a powerful AMD 3rd generation Ryzen processor and the equally reliable VEGA Graphics card. Besides, the advanced thermal design offers excellent heat control and 14 phases of heat management.
Best Budget: MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK – Featuring support for dual-channel memory, the MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK is an equally exceptional addition to your regimen. It comes with an extended heatsink for excellent heat control. Arguably, the 3rd Gen AMD AM4 processor is efficient and one of the most notable aspects of the B550.
Best Enthusiast: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero – The ASUS ROG Crosshair is a worthy contender on this list, thanks to its comprehensive thermal design that features a heat sink. Plus, it offers support for DDR4, has a 3rd generation processor, and more. The motherboard features premium materials, which make it a long-lasting addition to your computer tasks.
Best Entry: Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard – Explore the vast realms of gaming comfortably with the Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard. It has the usually reliable 3rd Generation ADD CPU, and you will be pleased with the next-generation connectivity features.
Best Micro ATX: ASRock B450M PRO4 Motherboard – Make your gaming immersive with the ASRock B450 PRO4 Motherboard. It may seem like a compact unit, but it has a heavy-duty feel and a powerful processor to match.
Best mini-ITX: GIGABYTE B550I AORUS PRO AX – The GIGABYTE B5501 AORUS PRO AX has a dual, durable NVM PCIe and a thermal guard. As you would expect, it also features a 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processor that is fast in performance.