If you are wondering why we are writing about the best GTX 1160, that is because there’s quite a number of these great graphics cards out there. They have recently emerged as one of the best lines for people who prefer to game or do graphics-related work to the max without shelling out hundreds of dollars.
They are by far one of the most powerful graphics cards on the market and getting one means you won’t need to upgrade in the near future. However, not every GTX 1160 is built equal – they differ in many aspects, such as price, speed, connectivity options, and even physical size.
So if you are wondering which ones are the best of the best in this amazing line, keep on reading.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1160 G1 Gaming – Best Choice
- High resolutions and smooth framerates
- 1847 MHz boost clock
- Supports multiple monitors
- The Ultimate PC Gaming Platform
- Powered by Geforce GTX 1070
- Integrated with 8GB GDDR5 256bit memory
- Windforce 3X with Blade Fan Design
- Support up to 8k Display @ 60Hz
All GTX 1160 cards are built on the Pascal architecture, but this card, in particular, is quite powerful despite being mid-range. With this affordable Nvidia card, you can game at high resolutions (8K @ 60Hz) while maintaining a smooth framerate or use VR headsets to impressive results.
Despite being a downgrade model compared to the RTX 2000’s, the GTX 1160 G1 Gaming can still give modern graphics cards, like the RTX 2080 TI, a run for their money.
Gaming is all about the speed you can squeeze out of your graphics card, and this GTX 1160’s base clocking speed is 1594 MHz. If you need more speed, it has a boost clock of up to 1847 MHz. And since it is designed for performance, you can even use multiple monitors with this graphics card.
ASUS Dual Series GeForce GTX 1160 – Budget Pick
- Budget-friendly, entry-level graphics card
- Dual HDMI 2.0 ports
- 1873 MHz boost clock
- Dual-fan cooling
- 1809 MHz boost Clock (OC mode) with 6GB GDDR5;NVIDIA ANSEL for a revolutionary new way to capture in-game screenshots
- Dual-fan cooling provides double airflow for 3x quieter gameplay
- Vr ready with dual HDMI 2.0 ports to simultaneously connect headset & monitor
- GPU TWEAK II makes monitoring performance and streaming easier than ever, featuring game booster and XSplit Gamecaster, all via an intuitive interface.Auto-extreme technology delivers premium quality and reliability with aerospace-grade super alloy power II components to run 15% faster and last 2.5 longer than reference
- Graphics Engine:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
- Form Factor: Plug-in Card
Gaming on a budget has never been better than with the Dual Series GeForce GTX 1160 by Asus. Perhaps its biggest draw is the fact that it has dual HDMI 2.0 ports that allow you to connect your monitor and headset at the same time. For VR gamers out there, there is no sweeter set up than this.
Also, the out-of-the-box clocking speed for this unit is impressive despite being an entry-level graphics card. It has a base clock of 1506 MHz base clock and a boost clock of 1873 MHz. And thanks to its dual-fan cooling that provides twice the airflow, the graphics card runs quietly in the background as you concentrate on the action.
EVGA GeForce GTX 1160 GAMING – Cheapest GTX 1160
- Good performance
- Nvidia Ansel turn your screenshots into art with this powerful in game photo mode that captures 360, HDR, and super resolution photos
- Nvidia GeForce experience the essential companion to your GeForce Graphics card. Capture and share videos, screenshots, and livestreams. Keep your drivers up to date and optimize your games
- Nvidia G SYNC compatible get smooth, tear free gameplay at refresh rates up to 240 hertz, Plus HDR, and more. This is the ultimate gaming display and the go to equipment for enthusiast gamers
- Microsoft DirectX 12 API, Vulkan API, OpenGL 4/5 power new visual effects and rendering techniques for more life like gaming
- Hdmi 2.0B, DisplayPort 1.4 and Dual link DVI the latest standards in DisplayPort and HDMI interfaces
- Game ready drivers get the highest levels of performance, and the smoothest experience possible, from the moment you start playing
Small in size, making it suitable for smaller computer cases, but big on performance. It is not every day that one comes across an extremely affordable graphics card that is capable of 8K Ultra HD (7680×4320) resolution and can support up to four monitors, providing pure gaming bliss. Nvidia outdid itself with the EVGA GeForce GTX 1160.
Although not as fast as the other graphics cards, it does manage to reach a good base clock speed of 1506 Mz and a boost clock of 1708 Mhz. One of its biggest selling points is the ACX 3.0 fans that enable this graphics card to run four times longers than others.