While buying LGA 1200 motherboards, there are lots of facts to consider. If you make the wrong choice, your CPU will be the most annoying thing in the world, and you don’t want that!
So, what features do you need in your high-performance PC? Let us give you a heads up!
The best LGA 1200 motherboard has prominent storage capacity, crystal clear sound quality, plenty of expansion slots, several connectivity ports, and a robust power delivery design. Only then can you enjoy the ultimate multitasking experience!
Now you must be thinking, where will you find these motherboards? Well, that’s what this article is all about!
How We Wrote This Review
Usually, you will doubt our review since there are plenty available on the internet. So, what makes us so special that you will trust our reviews?
The answer would be unlike others; we research a lot and go through numerous famous tech reviews. We’ve also scrolled thousands of customer’s feedback to get the real picture!
You know how important it is to do the research well before buying any expensive tech, so you left no stone unturned!
Don’t worry, we’ve done the research part for you and fished out only the top products. Just select one from the list according to your pc configuration, and you will have a satisfactory service guaranteed!
You can also find a detailed “Buying Guide” related to the Best LGA 1200 Motherboards. This will allow you to get the right one by following this article until the end.
Table of Contents
- MSI MPG Z490 ATX Gaming Edge WIFI
- ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming
- MSI Z490-A PRO ATX Motherboard
- ASRock Z590 OC Formula
- ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming
- Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA
Best LGA 1200 Motherboards at a glance:
|MODEL||PCI-e||RAM||Form Factor||BUY NOW|
|MSI MPG Z490 ATX Gaming Edge WIFI||3.0||DDR4||ATX||Check On Amazon|
|ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming||4.0||DDR4||ATX||Check On Amazon|
|MSI Z490-A PRO ATX Motherboard||3.0||DDR4||ATX||Check On Amazon|
|ASRock Z590 OC Formula||4.0,
|DDR4||E-ATX||Check On Amazon|
|ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming||3.0||DDR4||Micro ATX||Check On Amazon|
|Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA||3.0||DDR4||Mini ITX||Check On Amazon|
6 Best Motherboard with LGA 1200 Socket
For you, we listed down 6 of the top best LGA 1200 motherboards that are a hit in the marketplace right now. Just go through the reviews below and pick the one that suits you the best in terms of your needs.
1. MSI MPG Z490 ATX Gaming Edge WIFI – Best Overall Gaming Motherboard
- Compatible with Intel 10th gen Celeron, Core, Pentium Gold processors
- Z490 chipset with LGA 1200 processor socket
- Supports 128 GB DDM4 RAM
- Two M.2 slots with heatsink shield Frozr
- 32 Gb SSD transfer speed
- Made with 14 phase Voltage Regulator Module
- ALC1220 CODEC audio processor with capacitors and S/PDIF jacks.
- Four RBG LED headers, six SATA ports
- Designed with eight fan headers
- PS/2 port for keyboard, HDMI, and several PCIe 3.0 x16 slots
- Supports ATX form factor
- 14+2 power stages
If we are talking about motherboard manufacturers, we cannot exclude MSI from our conversation. And this Gaming edge Z490 motherboard is one of their greatest creations; hence, it has made our list as expected.
This future-proof board comes with DDR4 memory support and super-fast 4800MHz memory speed. Therefore, you will never feel any annoyance while playing heavy-duty games, and that’s what we need the most!
Furthermore, it is built with pre-installed I/O shielding, which will protect the mainboard from electrical issues and make the installation process much easier. How cool is that?
This motherboard supports Intel 10th gen processors like Celeron, Pentium gold, and Core from Intel. And the Z490 chipset will fit perfectly with lga 1200 sockets. So, when it is about CPU compatibility, there will be no trouble here; that’s guaranteed.
About the memory performance, it supports DDR4 RAM with dual data channels. You will get a maximum capacity of 128 GB. As a result, you will never face any lagging while gaming or streaming HD videos, thanks to this robust memory support system.
With that being said, its VRM configuration is a 14 phase one. To be precise, it is 12 (CPU power) +1 (SA power) +1 (SA power). In this way, you will have reliable CPU support, which is comforting.
You will get 2 M.2 expansion slots, and one of them comes with shield Frozr which can prevent SSD thermal throttling with a heatsink. Hence, you won’t have to worry about any heat damages, and the mainboard components will provide long-lasting service.
It will also deliver you 32 GB of SSD transfer speed. And so, building a high-performance gaming pc will be a breezy task.
This motherboard will remind you of the MSI MEG Z490 Godlike in many ways as they both offer maximum effort to make your gaming system the ultimate one. So, if you loved or wanted to have MEG Z490 Godlike, you could pick this one without any hesitation.
Are you wondering about audio connectivity? Well, this motherboard for LGA 1200 comes with an ALC1220 audio processor, high-quality audio capacitors, and jacks with S/PDIF. Therefore, you will be getting pristine sound in any condition.
Moreover, with the 5.1 version of Bluetooth, you can enjoy improved connection speed with less power usage.
Not only that, thanks to the MU-MIMU WIFI 6, you can stay connected to the server without any interruption. So yes, there will be no losing the winning game; the chicken dinner will be yours.
Besides, you will get 2.5 Gbps LAN connectivity and several 3.2 USB ports– Gen 2 10 Gbps type A, Gen 1 5Gbps type A and Gen 2×2 20 Gbps type C (lightning USB). So, you can see, you have every type of gaming connectivity here.
For trouble-free gaming and multitasking, nothing can be better than this MSI MPG motherboard. Well, that’s what we believe!
- This future proof board can be used for 11th gen processors too
- It comes with pre-fit aluminum I/O shield, so it’s easy to install
- This motherboard has a wide range of ports to offer you all types of connectivity
- The M.2 slots are designed with a heatsink to ensure better durability
- It comes with only two M.2 expansion slots
2. ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming– Premium Build
- Compatibility with 10th gen and future processors
- Supports LGA 1200 processor socket
- Has DDr4 memory with 4600 MHz of frequency
- ATX form factor board
- It is designed with WIFI 6
- Made with PCH passive cooling and 6 SATA ports
- Has 7 PWM fan headers and 5+ RGB headers
- It comes with M.2 expansion slots and VRM with heatsink
- It got a 2.5 GB ethernet port on the I/O panel
For quite some years, ASUS has proven itself as one of the leading and well-known electronics manufacturing companies. And the ROG Strix Z490 motherboard from this brand is the perfect example of excellence.
The high-quality Z490 chipset will go well with LGA 1200 processor sockets. If you want, you can use this board for your future processors too, which ensures a greater value for the money.
All the components of this LGA 1200 motherboard are made with premium-grade materials. So, if you want to feel like royalty while looking at your CPU, getting this one will be a perfect choice.
About DIMM slots, it supports DDR4 memory with a frequency of 4600MHz. And for smooth gaming performance, nothing can be better than this lightning-fast speed.
Yes, we know that the ASUS ROG Maximus is well known for its speed, but so is the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 motherboard.
It comes with multiple USB ports to offer excellent connectivity. And the WIFI 6 technology guarantees a high-speed internet connection without any disruption, what else do we need?
The 6 SATA ports on this board mean you can connect as many storage devices as you want. It also has several fan headers to keep the CPU cool after excessive usage. And that is a remarkable fact for all the obsessive gamers out there.
Whenever we think about the prominent motherboards by ASUS, the ASUS ROG Maximus comes to our mind. And the ROG STRIX is quite similar to that so that you will have a satisfactory service without any doubt.
Therefore, if you plan to get a new motherboard to make a top-notch gaming system, don’t forget to keep this one on your wish list.
- Offers top-notch memory support to make a high-performance gaming system
- They are designed with a passive cooling system and several fan headers to prevent overheating issues
- It supports Intel 10th gen processors and the future generations
- The latest WIFI 6 technology allows you to have a trouble-free internet connection
- The RAM will be a bit tight with an AIO pump
3. MSI Z490-A PRO ATX Motherboard – Best Budget Motherboard
- Supports lga 1200 processor sockets with Z490 chipset
- Suitable with DDR4 memory with dual channel configuration
- Twin-turbo M.2 slots with 32 Gb SSD transfer speeds and heatsink shield Frozr
- Wi fi 6, 2.5 G LAN Dual ethernet, HDMI and display port
- ATX form factor board
- USB 3.2 Gen 1, type A and Gen 2 type A/C USB ports
- 540 W of stable power delivery with double CPU power connectors
- 4 SATA ports, peripheral mouse/keyboard port, and several audio ports
- It is compatible with Windows 10 operating system
Here is another MSI Z490 motherboard that can give you excellent overclocking support. You can also use it for future generations, making this board more convenient than it already is.
It supports dual-channel DDR4. You can get a maximum capacity of 128 Gb and a memory speed of 4800 MHZ. Therefore, if you liked the speedy performance of MSI MEG Z490 Godlike, you will absolutely love this one.
When it is about wireless connectivity, this LGA 1200 motherboard has WIFI 6. Hence, you will have a disruption-free online gaming session.
Additionally, there will be two M.2 expansion slots with Frozr heatsink shield. As a result, if the CPU gets heated, the components won’t get damaged.
To make the gaming system high-performance, it offers you SSD transfer speeds up to 32 GB. And you are getting all these features within an affordable price range! Yes, we know that it seems too good to be true, but it actually is.
Furthermore, you will get PCIe 3.0 x16 slots. Consequently, you can connect multiple graphics cards according to your need; not only that, but you can also use these expansion slots to connect your network cards, sound card, SSD, and so on.
On the rear panel, you will find HDMI, display port, mouse/ keyboard port, USB 3.2 gen ports, USB type C header, and audio connectivity options. Therefore, when you want all the high-end features within a cost-effective price tag, you should get this one pronto!
- It is designed with multiple expansion slots to turn your pc into a high-performance one
- Made with multiple ports for enhanced gaming connectivity
- The extended heatsink features prevent CPU overheating
- 2.5 GB Ethernet LAN to ensure top-notch gaming connectivity
- This motherboard will not work for any previous models
4. ASRock Z590 OC Formula – Best EATX
- Designed to support DDR4 memory technology
- Has USB 3.2 Gen 2 and 3.2 Gen 1 USB ports
- It comes with 16 phases of robust power design
- Offers PCIe 4.0 x16, PCIe 3.0 x16
- Compatible with EATX form factor
- Made with 7.1 CH HD Audio
Some of us are always looking for a high-quality LGA 1200 motherboard for an EATX pc. And this one by ASRock will be perfect for that configuration for many reasons. Let us tell you why.
It is made with a robust 16-phase 90A Dr.MOS power design, so your CPU can stay juiced up for as long as you want.
This gaming motherboard supports DDR4 ram technology to ensure an interruption-free gaming performance. It also offers you a decent speed; thus, you won’t have to die in the hands of enemies due to annoying laggings.
We know that when it is about a trouble-free experience, the ASRock z490 is people’s top choice. But this chipset is loaded with advanced features; thus, your pc will be performing all the time smoothly.
In addition, you will get a variety of PCIe slots that allows you to enjoy multi-GPU support. It is equipped with PCIe 4.0 x16, PCIe 3.0 x16 and PCIe 2.0×1 slots.
So, you can understand how many cards you can add to enhance the performance of your gaming computer! It sounds like ASRock Z490 all over again, doesn’t it?
If you are a pro gamer, you will fall in love with this mainboard, and it won’t be surprising!
The audio system is a top-tier one as it is equipped with 7.1 CH HD. Therefore, you will be enjoying pristine sound quality without any hassle.
The board also has USB 3.2 Gen 2 and 3.2 Gen 1 USB ports that allow you to connect any device to your computer. So, if you are searching for the best motherboards for i gaming, this one is a pretty sweet deal!
If you love the ASRock Z490 chipset’s performance, you will be a fan of this. As it comes with the construction of similar components, you will get a commendable service.
Even if you are into obsessive multitasking, this motherboard will ensure a heavy-duty service for you, just like the ASRock Z490 motherboards. Therefore, you can put your faith in it without hesitating.
- This motherboard has a high-quality audio system for a clear sound similar to the high-flying ASRock z490
- Comes with a wide range of PCI-e slots configuration to ensure better convenience
- Has multiple USB ports for high-speed connectivity
- The 16-phase power design will maintain reliable CPU support
- A bit expensive
5. ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G Gaming – Best mATX
- It has wireless connectivity of WIFI 6 with 5.1 Bluetooth version
- This z490 motherboard supports lga 1200 socket
- It is compatible with Intel 10th gen processors
- Has HDMI, Display and USB ports
- Offers dual PCI-e 3.0 slots
- Compatible with micro ATX computer
- 12+2 power stages
- Designed with SONIC STUDIO II audio technology
- 2.5 GB of intel ethernet
- Equipped with ASUS Aura RGB lighting
Here is another dynamic ASUS ROG STRIX motherboard that is made with a Z490 chipset. So, if you are seeking the best motherboards for your micro ATX pc, you should just grab this product and go!
Like the ever-popular ASUS ROG MAXIMUS, this Z490-G enthusiast motherboard is made to take your processor to a whole new level.
You are getting the whole package from consistent power delivery to the advanced ASUS Aura RGB lighting with this one. Thus, you can buy this system for your micro ATX form factor without any doubt.
With the high-flying WIFI 6 technology, you can now enjoy all the streaming sites, 8k videos, and heavy-duty games like butter. There will be no screen freezing, buffering, or lagging, which is all we want from our beloved gaming pc!
As this micro ATX motherboard supports LGA 1200 sockets, there will be no compatibility issue whatsoever.
And the super legit 12+2 power phase design will ensure the most amazing CPU support, which is one of the most praiseworthy things about this mainboard.
You will also get 2.6GB Intel Ethernet and enhanced Bluetooth 5.1 technology. Consequently, from wireless to wired connectivity, it has got everything in its pocket.
The extended heatsink and multiple fan heaters are built into this system for better temperature management. This innovative thermal design also increases the longevity of your computer; that’s a bonus.
There are USB ports, display, and HDMI ports to enjoy all types of connectivity even when you are using a micro ATX computer.
Furthermore, to maintain the optimum condition of your pc, you will have the smart ROG AI overclocking. And this feature adds a feather on the crown, don’t you think?
- Innovative ASUS ROG AI provides you with an excellent overclocking pc
- Made with reliable 12+2 power phase for better CPU support
- You will get Bluetooth 5.0 and WIFI to enjoy wireless activities
- This board has multiple ports to ensure top-notch connectivity
- Only one M.2 slot comes with the heatsink feature
6. Gigabyte Z490I AORUS ULTRA – Best mITX
- Supports m-Itx
- Designed with dual M.2 heatsink slots
- Has AORAS advanced thermal guard
- Equipped with Bluetooth 5.0 and WIFI 6
- Offers PCI-e 3.0 slots
- 4 SATA ports
- It comes with USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports
Let’s end this review with a banging mini ITX motherboard, shall we? As we know, Gigabyte is one of the greatest mainboard manufacturers out there; this Z490I AORUS ULTRA will be impressive; there is no doubt about that!
The whole system is designed with top-tier 8 phase VRM power. And so, your CPU will be running aggressively for hours without giving any hitches. And that’s the dream.
Additionally, the extended heatsink feature of this LGA 1200 motherboard allows your CPU to have better heat dissipation during heavy-duty usage.
And the multi-layered PCH heatsink of the M.2 slots will keep your cards protected from temperature abnormality.
Therefore, to enjoy long-lasting service for your computer, this Mini ITX motherboard will be an excellent choice for you!
As the mainboard uses DDR4 memory technology, you will get 4 DIMM slots, and the memory speed will be 5000MHz! So, if you expect your pc to run like the Flash, this is your chance.
The Intel 2.5GbE LAN ensures that you are getting top-notch wired connectivity in your gaming system. And for wireless activities, you will have Bluetooth 5.0 and WIFI six, so this motherboard is a candy land, as you can see!
Thanks to the AORUS advanced thermal guard, you are getting a system for a lifetime. Hence, to build the ultimate gaming pc, why don’t you buy this one right away?
- The most innovative thermal guard technology increases the longevity of the components
- It comes with Bluetooth, WIFI, and LAN options for enhanced connectivity
- Dual-channel memory slots allow you to enjoy greater speed
- The 8-phase power design keeps your system running like a horse.
- The VRM heatsink is a bit bulky
Buying Guide for the Best LGA 1200 Motherboards
To help you know what to look for in the best motherboards before purchasing, we have listed down some must-have features. If you follow this buying guide, you will never have any complaints about your computer ever again!
Processor Socket Type
Although there are three commonly used processors socket types (LGA, BGA, PGA), the debate of being the best roams around for only two of those- LGA (Land Grid Array) and PGA (Pin Grid Array).
There is no answer of which one is the best; both have their pros and cons. Now, if you are looking for a durable motherboard and better reparability, we recommend you choose a PGA socket.
On the flip side, if you are looking for durable CPU and space efficiency, LGA sockets will give you an advantage.
Motherboard Size/ Form Factor
Since motherboards come in different shapes and sizes, you have the flexibility to build your PC so that it can fit into your environment. Considering that, we recommend you use a full-sized tower case if you have plenty of space.
It will help if you choose your motherboard according to the form factor of your PC. If you have a small configured computer, go for mini or micro form factors. Otherwise, you can choose the ATX one for a better experience.
The purpose of PCI-e slots is to allow you to add all the graphics, sound, and video cards you need to add to make your computer the most incredible one. So, the more PCI-e slots you have, the more you can enjoy playing with your gaming system!
That’s why it is always better if your motherboard has several PCI-E slots.
Memory Or DIMM Slots
Ram or memory goes in DIMM slots. If the motherboard has several DIMM slots, you can add more memory cards to make the system faster. Hence, choose your motherboard according to that.
M.2 slots are for M.2 based SSD storage. This additional storage space makes your gaming system lightning-fast. So, to enjoy better speed, you can get a mainboard that will allow you to install SSD in the system.
The last major consideration you need to make while choosing a motherboard is the connections available on the back I/O panel. Let there be more USB ports, audio ports, built-in WIFI, ethernet, Bluetooth HDMI, and others; you have to decide how much premium you are willing to pay for all those features and decide thereby.
Frequently Asked Questions
LGA actually stands for Land Grid Array.
There is no clear-cut answer to this question because LGA and PGA both have specific strengths and weaknesses.
For example, with PGA sockets, motherboards seldom get blemished by misalignment of CPU.
On the other hand, LGA sockets have non-fragile pins; the processors seldom get blemished by mishandling and drops.
Although BGA has some similarities with PGA And LGA, BGA CPU sockets (Ball Grid Array), are not meant to end user-serviceable. This is because these are usually installed in laptops and consoles. So, if you have an intention of PC building- BGA is not an option for you!
Well, these are ram designations that indicate its generation and speed numbers. For example, DDR4 means Double Data Rate Fourth Generation.
Finally, we are at the end of our best LGA 1200 motherboard reviews! As we’ve listed all the top products here, you can choose any of these to enjoy a pleasant service.
However, if you are still a bit overwhelmed, here is a brief suggestion for you.
To have an all-rounder experience, getting the MSI MPG Z490 ATX Gaming Edge WIFI will be the greatest idea! It is affordable, loaded with high-end features, and prepares your CPU for robust performance. What else do you need?
And if you are running on a tight budget, you can go for the MSI Z490-A PRO ATX Motherboard. It is cost-effective yet offers you commendable service and smooth performance.
Furthermore, when you are longing for a premium-grade motherboard to boast a little, you should take a look at the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming.
You may have to pay a bigger check, but the experience is really worthy of your hard-earned money.