Motherboards are a very vital part of a build, it’s essentially the core.
When building high-end computers it’s one of the things you don’t want to go for a very cheap motherboard from random unknown brands if things go wrong a motherboard can not only stop working, but it can also destroy your other high-end components due to electrical discharges and many other problems.
Investing in a better motherboard from a reputable brand gives you security regarding those issues, hence why we will try to help you find the best motherboard for I7 5820K.
The I7 5820k uses the 2011 LGA/Socket which while not being the newest, it’s one of the most successful attempts that Intel has done at increasing the number of cores & threads when compared to the general I7 in the market with the more “conventional” sockets.
The I7 5820K is extremely powerful featuring 6 cores and 12 threads with a base speed of 3.3Ghz and being the “K” version allows you to overclock this beast and further increase its performance.
If you wish to overclock it, then you need a motherboard that can handle such a beast properly and we have no doubts about the best candidate for the task.
If you want a bit more in-depth information and review, then check our Intel Core I7 5820k Review article and if you still have any questions left feel free to drop a comment below!
The Best Motherboard for i7 5820K is the ASUS X99-DELUXE
- Free Shipping and 14 Days Money Back Guarantee.
- Wireless Data NetworkWi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/acSupports dual-band frequency 2.4/5 GHzSupports ASUS Wi-Fi Go utilityUp to 1300 Mb/s transfer speed
- Form FactorATX
- CompatibilityIntel Socket 2011-v3 Core i7 processors Supports Intel 14 nm CPUSupports Intel Turbo Boost Technology 3.0
- ChipsetIntel X99 chipset
- Memory8 x DIMM, 128 GB (max), DDR4: 3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz non-ECC, un-buffered memoryQuad-channel memory architecture supports Intel Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
- Multi-GPU SupportSupports NVIDIA quad-GPU SLI technology Supports NVIDIA 3-way SLI technology Supports AMD quad-GPU CrossFireX technology Supports AMD 3-way CrossFireX technology
- Expansion Slots40-lane CPU:4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16, dual at x16/x16, triple at x16/x16/x8, quintuple at x8/x8/x8/x8/x8 mode) 28-lane CPU:3 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16, x16/x8, x8/x8/x8) 28-lane CPU:1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (x1 mode) 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16 (max at x4 mode) 1 x PCIe 2.0 x1
- StorageIntel Core i7 Processors: 2 x U.2 port, supports PCIe 3.0 x4 NVM Express storage1 x M.2 socket 3, with vertical M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (supports PCIE SSD only)Intel X99 chipset: 1 x SATA Express port, compatible with 2 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports8 x SATA 6 Gb/s port(s) Supports Raid 0, 1, 5, 10Supports Intel Smart Response Technology
- LANGigabit LAN Intel I218V controller Gigabit LAN Intel I211-AT controllerDual Gigabit LAN controllers â€“ 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) applianceSupports Teaming technologyASUS Turbo LAN utilityASUS LAN Guard
The Asus X99-Deluxe is without a doubt our brand & model of choice, being from Asus gives you the security that it will completely avoid all kinds of problems regarding electrical discharges that may harm all your components and the motherboard model itself has everything you need to handle your CPU, and your High End build.
Asus X99-Deluxe Specification:
- Core i7 Up to the latest I7’s released on the market.
- Socket/LGA 2011
- RAM DDR4 Up to 3200 Mhz overclocked
- Intel X99
Based on our experience the Asus X99-Deluxe completely fits the I7 5820K and is without a doubt the Best Motherboard for I7 5820K there’re not many different motherboards to choose from either way due to the LGA 2011 however even after having considered all the other options we still concluded that this is without a doubt the best.
Top 5 Motherboards for i7 5820K
- AMD AM4 Socket: Compatible to Ryzen 5000, 3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Robust Power Design: 8+2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Extended VRM and PCH heatsinks, M.2 heatsinks, multiple hybrid fan headers and fan speed management with Fan Xpert utility
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2.0b(4K@60HZ) and DisplayPort 1.2 output, featuring dual M.2 slots (NVMe SSD), 2x PCIe 3.0x16 Slot, USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A port and USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C ports
- Industry-leading Gaming Audio & AI Noise Canceling Microphone Technology: High fidelity audio from a SupremeFX S1220A codec with DTS Sound Unbound and Sonic Studio III draws you deeper into the action. Communicate clearly with ASUS AI Noise Cancelling Mic technology.
- Unmatched Personalization: ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting with Armoury Crate utility, including 2xRGB headers and a Gen 2 addressable RGB header for greater customization
- DIY Friendly: With BIOS Flashback and ASUS exclusive UEFI BIOS, 256Mb BIOS Flash ROM and Pre-mount I/O shroud
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS.
- Supports 9th and 8th Gen Intel Core processors
- Dual channel non-ECC unbuffered DDR4
- New hybrid digital PWM design
- High quality audio capacitors and audio noise guard with LED trace path lighting
- Ultra-fast M.2 with PCIe Gen3 x4 & SATA interface
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Operating system - Support for windows 10 64-bit
- Intel turbo USB 3.1 gen2: powered by intel USB 3.1 gen2 controller, turbo USB ensures an uninterrupted connection with more stability and fastest USB speeds
- Multi-gpu: With steel armor pci-e slots. Supports 2-way amd crossfire
- Extended heatsink design: msi extended pwm and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Supports 10th Gen Intel Core Processors and 11th Gen Intel Core Processors
- Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- NVMe PCIe Gen3 X4 M.2 Connectors
- Smart Fan 5 Features Multiple Temperature Sensors
- Hybrid Fan Headers with FAN STOP
- Cutting edge gaming motherboard: with AMD AM4 socket, it is a perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs
- Faster memory: 4 memory slots support dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128 GB, with ASUS OptiMem enabling higher memory frequencies and lower latencies
- Blazing data transmission speeds: Two M.2 slots, including the latest PCIe 4.0, provide maximum storage flexibility and the fastest data speeds available via the 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen platform
- High-performance gaming networking: Onboard WiFi 6 (802.11ax) and 2.5 Gb Ethernet for exceptionally fast and smooth online gaming experiences
- Optimized thermal solution: Customizable fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3+ design keep your system running reliably
- Please ensure your BIOS is up to date if installing a compatible Ryzen 5000 series CPU. Visit ASUS site search by motherboard model name, click on “Support” tab, Drivers and Tools, then BIOS & Firmware to download the latest BIOS