Video walls refer to a collection of small screens that are combined to form one huge screen. The technology provides a better gaming experience through the well-sized images and detailed in-gaming. Although they are far from reaching Virtual and Augmented Reality, video walls offer more exciting gaming experience compared to single screen technology. The following steps are necessary to switch to gaming on the wall.
Have a plan in place
You need to take into consideration a number of factors when you are planning to install your video walls. Where do you desire to install the wall screens? What is the size of the screens that you want to install? Is the space enough to take care of all your needs? It is recommended that you measure the size of the available space as this will enhance you to go for screens that match the size of the room. Installing large and few screens will give you a better and less interrupted gaming experience than mounting smaller numerous screens. The ultimate idea behind video walls is to have a closer view with the help of one huge screen. Your wall should be situated in a low light intensity area to minimize the light that may interfere with your viewing. A good way to limit light is through painting the room black and tinting the glass windows if any. Also, consider the cost of the screens and compare it with the amount of money you wish to spend. Large screens are more costly but, they are recommended for powerful video walls.
Acquire the hardware
Once you have made up your mind on the number of screens you need and the desired layout, go on and purchase the hardware. Gaming hardware differs from the ordinary LCDs. Thin sloppy monitors are the most appropriate because they reduce interference. Higher resolution screens give a greater gaming experience although they are more expensive. Depending on your financial status and prospects budget, go for what fits you. Select screens that have a uniform size for a uniform video wall. Heavy gaming requires frequent refreshing to prevent cases of lagging. Purchase screens that have a high refreshing rate of at least 120 Hz and a fast screen response of 1 millisecond to meet the latency sensitivity of the games. Select quality multiple video-cards that give out excellent images at appropriate frame rates.
Setting up TV screens
You have acquired the right hardware and now it is time to assemble them. If you are unable to mount the screens, seek the services of an expert to do it for you. Various models of monitors come packed with their own mounting apparatus. Make sure the screw holes are aligned in the exact places to prevent possible cases of misalignment. You can opt for the following connections:
The video wall controller
A basic connection method that uses the connection inbox that has one input and several outputs. The video box distributes signals to the connected devices once the gaming device gets connected to an end user.
Specific connections such as HDMI are done to the first monitor before configuring the rest of the monitors. The position of each monitor determines the type of connection that it can be configured with.
They give the best image output. It consists of a graphic box with multiple graphics cards each connected to a particular screen. This method uses both ordinary and professional screens.
Once you are through with your connections, you can number your screens in the layout. Test the connection with 3D wallpapers and also the battery.
Best Video Wall For Gaming
- 4-Channel: Distributes one HDMI or DVI device (computer, laptop, DVD player, console etc.) on 4 screens simultaneously. Plug & Play: No driver needed. 180° Image Rotation & Edge Masking supported
- 8 Display Modes - 2x2, 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x1, 3x1, 4x1 provide extra diversities on the display options. Cascading Mode - 2x4, 2x8 with additional units. Transmit HDMI signal for up to 100 feet without losing picture quality.
- Supported Input Video Resolutions: 4K@ 25/30Hz, 1080p @ 25/30/50/60HZ, 1080i @ 50/60Hz (For Direct TV and other broadcast satellites); Output Resolution: 1080p @ 60Hz (in each display)
- Supported Audio Formats - PCM 2.0, Does Not Support: Dolby Digital and DTS.
- Warranty & Tech Support - 2 Years Hassle-Free Warranty and Free Lifetime Tech Support.
- 【Quad-screen processing】 supports 4-way HDMI output signal, connected to 4 LCD TV or other display devices such as projectors, DLP, plasma and other display unit
- 【Input signal】 Supports 1 HDMI, 1 USB 2 signal inputs totally, HDMI and USB signal interface with audio decoding, composite video and VGA signal plus the corresponding audio binding interface, all the input video signal can achieve synchronized output switching with audio.
- 【Mirroring】Compared with ordinary video wall controller, M04 contain 180-degree image flip function for each screen
- 【Various control port---RS232】 Remote controller;HDCP compliant---HDMI 1.3, HDCP protection.Attention: 1x2 1x3 1x4 Screen,It must be Vertical Screen.
- 【Fully-digital processing channel inside】Built-in conversion for analog/digital, interlaced/progressive, resolution, aspect ratio and refresh rate
- ✔ QUAD-SCREEN PROCESSING – Create a high definition 2x2 video wall from either a single HDMI or Mini DisplayPort source. Multiple configurable display modes: 1x1, 1x3, 3x1, 1x4, 4x1. Supports cascading function to create an even bigger video wall (3x3, 4x4...10x10) using multiple units
- ✔ INPUT SIGNAL – Takes 1 HDMI or Mini DisplayPort input with resolutions up to 4K/60Hz YUV 4:4:4. HDCP compliant
- ✔ OUTPUT SIGNAL – 4 HDMI outputs supports each display with resolution up to 1920x1200/60Hz
- ✔ ADVANCED FEATURES – Built-in bezel correction, image synchronization, multi-level cascading with no tearing. Easily resize, position, and zoom with each output; user-friendly selectable output settings; image parameters and layouts can be saved via flash memory or computer; firmware upgradable
- ✔ MADE IN TAIWAN with HIGH QUALITY COMPONENTS – FCC, CE & RoHS compliant. Surface mountable metal enclosure with ESD & Surge protection to prevent malfunction or breakdown. Our products are backed with a 1-year limited warranty and experienced tech support team in Silicon Valley. If you have any questions or concerns, visit our gofanco website or click on our name in the buy box and select "Ask a Question".
- Full 1080P! Takes 1 Video Input and Splits it into 9 Video Ouputs for 9 Displays
- Fully customizable for 3x3, 3x1, 2x2, 3x2, 2x3, 4x2, 2x4 or 1x3 Video walls!
- 100% plug & play. No extra software or internet connection required. HDMI, DVI, VGA, USB Drive
- Works with ANY brand TV with an HDMI input! Remote Control Included!
- Any TV image can be flipped upside down in the menu! Perfect for Bars, Night Clubs, Casinos, Hotels, or your own personal theater room
- 【Create Large 2 x2 Video Wall】 NIERBO 2x2 Video Wall Controller allows you to create eye-catching large format video walls and digital signage displays via LCD splicing screens. Up to 8 display modes for your choice.
- 【Easy Installation & Operation】 Plug and play, no driver needed. A remote control is provided for your easy control, you can also push buttons on the controller directly.
- 【180° Rotation for HDTV 】 If using the HDTV as the screen, it allows you to rotate the screen 180°. It's exciting that you can install the TVs in an orientation with the thinnest edges.
- 【1920*1080P@60Hz Display】 Both the HDMI input and output support up to 1920*1080P@60Hz display. Computer, laptop, set-top box, DVD player, PS3/4 can all be the perfect signal sources. Supported audio formats: PCM 2.0, not supported: Dolby Digital and DTS.
- 【After-sales】 NIERBO provides lifetime tech support for this 2x2 Video Wall Controller. If any questions, please be free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll definitely solve any of your problems.
- ✔ HDMI MATRIX 4x4 SEAMLESS SWITCHING: Distributes any 1 of 4 sources to either 2 or 4 output displays simultaneously; No switching delay or picture loss during transitions
- ✔ 2x2 VIDEO WALL: Send 1 video source to all 4 displays forming 2x2 video wall; Supports video resolutions of 1080p/1080i/720p/576p/576i/480p/480i at 50/60Hz; Supports HDMI High Definition audio for a full range of audio types; TV models currently not supported: Samsung: RU8000, KU6300
- ✔ OPTIMAL SIGNAL TRANSMISSION: Built-in automatic equalization and amplification to ensure optimum signal transmission without loss in video/audio quality
- ✔ SWITCH EASILY between multiple HDMI sources via remote control or front panel buttons on the device; Supports advanced remote-control options including: RS232 and web interface
- ✔ FREE LIFETIME SUPPORT: Effective September 1st, 2019, this J-Tech Digital product includes a 3-YEAR EXTENDED manufacturer warranty (instead of the standard 1-year warranty). It also includes FREE lifetime technical support from our customer support team located in Sugar Land (just outside of Houston) in the great state of TEXAS! We are available Monday through Friday: 9AM - 6PM CST. Contact information available on our seller page.
- 4x1 HDMI Switcher with Multi HDMI Viewer - Supports 4 HDMI input sources to a single HD TV or Display with Real-time fast seamless switching
- 5 viewing modes: multiple ways to display your source, allowing you to view single source, 2 sources or all 4 sources at the same time on the screen
- Multiple video resolution: 1080p, 720p or 480p & Audio formats supported: LPCM 2CH, 5.1, 7.1, Dolby Digital, DTS 5.1, Dolby Digital+, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD Master Audio, Dolby Atmos, DTS:X. Select the audio source using the Audio button on the HD-401MR
- Multiple ways to control – Front panel buttons, a remote control or RS-232 control
- Includes 100-240 50/60 Hz auto switching power supply for use anywhere in the world, Remote controller, Lifetime OREI Tech Support & 12-Month Manufacturer's Warranty
- Multiple splicing mode with 4 HDMI outputs (2x2, 1x4,4x1,1x2, 2x1, 3x1, 1x3)
- Multiple video input signal selection with 1 HDMI, 1 DVI, 1 VGA, 1 USB
- Support mirror and edge mask functions
- Support multiple devices cascade connection max for 4x5 splicing
- Support buttons and remote control
- Split and splicing TV, monitors, video walls easily and conveniently.
- No need computer and software control.
- Screen (vertical 90° 180°Rotation of splicing monitor images).
- Display by 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 2x2, and so on (option).
- Extendable Display by 3x2, 3x3, 4x4, etc (needs more controllers, or see the following connections and diagrams) .
- Windows10 updates (1903 and 1909) are partially supported for showing different content on each screen (Extended mode) and duplicating content to multiple screens (Mirror Mode). Please keep your Windows on build 1809 if you wish to run our solutions for a video wall setup. For more information click here: https://monitorsanywhere.com/windows10-feature-updates-driver-support-issues/
- You need at least 2 units in order to build a video wall
- Display your content on an array of screens and place them in any layout and any angle
- Supports video of up to 8K resolution
- Package includes: 1 ThinGlobal USB Video Dongle, USB cable (1.8m), HDMI cable (1m), 1-screen USB wall software license key